What's new

Divisimate 1.2 Available – New Tutorial: Performing with Keyswitches

Nextmidi

FB_Banner_15%off.png

Hello Everyone,

Today is the day! We’re happy to announce the release of Divisimate 1.2. This free update brings some big changes and improvements many of which have been suggested by users over the last couple of months. To celebrate this release, Divisimate is 15% off for two weeks until August 4.

Here’s what’s new in this update:

Divisi Modes

When Divisimate first came out, there has been a lot of discussion here about the Divisi Engine and what it can and can’t do. One of the most requested features for future updates has been to include more customization options and different kinds of behaviour for the engine. We took this to heart and got back to work on the algorithms.

In Divisimate 1.2 you can now choose between three different Divisi Modes, each with a different behaviour and suited for different musical situations.

Here’s the full changelog:

• New Feature: Select between three different divisi modes in the Divisi Mode menu on the left side of the voice selectors:
    • Bottom Up: The original Divisimode, if less notes than voices are played, they will be assigned from the lowest voice upward unless memory voicings are available
    • Top Down: The same as Bottom Up, only the assignment starts from the top down, giving a preference to melodies in the top voice
    • Fill Voices: All voices are always playing – if only one note is played, it will be duplicated on all voices. If more active voices are available than notes are played they will be distributed and doubled as evenly as possible across the available voices
Fill Voices will be the default mode for empty patches from now on, old presets will be loaded with the “Bottom Up” mode selected.
  • New Feature: Added option to exclude any of the three ranges from transposition within Transposer Plugins to allow universal keyswitching
  • New Feature: Polyphonic Aftertouch is now supported and distributed according to the voice routing
  • New Feature: Option to temporarily bypass individual plugins (Shortcut Mac/PC: Cmd/Ctrl+Click)
  • New Feature: Trigger Plugin can now also send program change messages
  • New Feature: Option to deactivate MIDI Remote control by Program Change or CC31 on the “Remote Setup” page
  • Added: Visual indicators for drag & drop of plugins
  • Added: Trigger Row will fire when activated
  • Fixed: Humanization will now always affect all ports, and not exclude the first routing of each voice
  • Fixed: Include Error codes for common activation problems
  • Fixed: Graphical details of Transposer and Trigger Interface
  • Fixed: A bug was fixed where particular ports would not be usable on some Windows systems
  • Fixed: On offline systems Divisimate will no longer lock the activation after a certain time without internet connection
  • Fixed: Remote Setup will no longer display superfluous adresses
  • Fixed: Factory presets are now loaded correctly if no other perform page setup is available

We hope you enjoy this free update!

All the best,

Steffen & Peter

______
(Edited on July 21)

Attachments

• 1.2_Banner.png
    1.2_Banner.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Just a quick note here after experimenting more with tons of string libraries I have (CSS, Synchron Strings, Areia/Jaeger, CineStrings, HZ Strings, Hollywood Strings, Soaring Strings, Con Moto Strings). A lot them to my surprise didn't fair really well with live legato playing as an ensemble despite my expectations. The transitions and editing just do not work as well as they should. You could almost use Divisimate as a yardstick for the quality of the legato editing in a library, if it doesn't sound good your editing isn't either. :grin:

However, there is one which stands with heads and shoulders above the rest: CSS. It just plays as smooth as butter and sounds absolutely real. None of the others comes close when using Divisimate. So if you're a CSS owner and you (like me) favor playing your lines, Divisimate and CSS are a perfect match. As for a runner-up, Hollywood Strings wasn't bad BTW, probably followed by Areai/Jaeger.

Just a quick note here after experimenting more with tons of string libraries I have (CSS, Synchron Strings, Areia/Jaeger, CineStrings, HZ Strings, Hollywood Strings, Soaring Strings, Con Moto Strings). A lot them to my surprise didn't fair really well with live legato playing as an ensemble despite my expectations. The transitions and editing just do not work as well as they should.

However, there is one which stands with heads and shoulders above the rest: CSS. It just plays as smooth as butter and sounds absolutely real. None of the others comes close when using Divisimate. So if you're a CSS owner and you (like me) favor playing your lines, Divisimate and CSS are a perfect match.
I assume you used the classic legato patches then?

The Tools released in the last couple of years for composing ... just amazing. I see a new market opening. Non professionals building home studios simply for the joy of creating music.

Last edited:
Thanks for free update and listening to the feedback. Really like the new playing options Great!

Last edited:
Awesome! I only wanted this new (auto) divisi mode all the time. You have a new customer! :)

I read great posts about Divismate, but I'm interested in how it works with VSL libraries (especially Dimension Brass and Strings). Couldn't find any on this. Maybe someone can chime in...

Awesome! I only wanted this new (auto) divisi mode all the time. You have a new customer! :)

I read great posts about Divismate, but I'm interested in how it works with VSL libraries (especially Dimension Brass and Strings). Couldn't find any on this. Maybe someone can chime in...
I use divisimate with vsl bbo and special editions as well as emotional violins and love the realtime play.
I can see me playing this all day so sweet. bravo seems even more musical and smooth. my ears tell me this is a must buy in my opinion.

Last edited:
Great new possibilities! Fill Voices is great...... BTW: what are the 6 FHorns you are playing? Sounds great!

Top Bottom