What's new

Disney/Fairytale Wedding Piece

Spitfire Audio
To give a little background behind this piece... my brother recently got engaged and a few people around me suggested that I compose a piece for his wedding day. His fiance is a big Disney fan so I decided to try and aim for something along those lines. Lots of inspiration taken from Menken/Troob, Silvestri & HGW.

I have already had some helpful feedback for this. But before I make some changes I figured I'd see what you guys think on here.

TintoL

It's great. Sounds really good. It has an intimate sound. I was thinking that the orchestra could be pushed back a bit, but, when I hear the great sound of the strings I doubt. It's kind of subjective.
But, I think is great.

Musicam

To give a little background behind this piece... my brother recently got engaged and a few people around me suggested that I compose a piece for his wedding day. His fiance is a big Disney fan so I decided to try and aim for something along those lines. Lots of inspiration taken from Menken/Troob, Silvestri & HGW.

I have already had some helpful feedback for this. But before I make some changes I figured I'd see what you guys think on here.

Eastwest Library?

Svyato

The strings legato and dynamics sound very good and realistic, congratulations. The piano sounds a bit mechanic at 1:48 in terms of dynamic (not soft enough for my ears) and rythm (it sounds midi-quantized) . :)

PeterN

Nice. Some brass around 1:20 to thicken it there. Same at 2:10. Just a 'touch of it' and soft low brass. But its great to hear this stuff where people are able to keep the patience not to add or orchestrate it too much.

OP
Spitfire Audio
Eastwest Library?
Not using any EW in this actually!

The strings legato and dynamics sound very good and realistic, congratulations. The piano sounds a bit mechanic at 1:48 in terms of dynamic (not soft enough for my ears) and rythm (it sounds midi-quantized) . :)
Thanks very much. I can see what you mean, I'll see what I can do!

Nice. Some brass around 1:20 to thicken it there. Same at 2:10. Just a 'touch of it' and soft low brass. But its great to hear this stuff where people are able to keep the patience not to add or orchestrate it too much.
There is actually brass there, maybe too subtle? Thanks for your feedback!
EDIT: Oh wait, are you saying that it's nice that I'm using just a touch of Brass? If so thank you.

PeterN

Not using any EW in this actually!

Thanks very much. I can see what you mean, I'll see what I can do!

There is actually brass there, maybe too subtle? Thanks for your feedback!
EDIT: Oh wait, are you saying that it's nice that I'm using just a touch of Brass? If so thank you.
Hi Karma,

I think you could slightly thicken it there at those two sections, it would add some thickness, and a slight contrast to the major theme which got lots thin parts. Then its like you were saying, 'yea, I could make this thick piece, but heres just a hint of it'. However, thats personal opinion. And like I said, it was overall nice, this is small curiosity, and even a question of taste.

Top Bottom