1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Performer, VEPro (MAS) and High Sierra incompatibility

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by sinkd, Feb 8, 2018.

1. sinkd

sinkd Senior Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Western North Carolina
    A warning for DP users: After upgrading to High Sierra, DP no longer scans third party Motu Audio System (MAS) plugins like VEPro. The only workaround is to hide VST plugin folders/rename them, trash prefs and rescan.

Since I have recently moved my template to a single system, this means that VSTs are not available in VEPro, so I am dead in the water unless I revert to VEPro 5

MOTU has confirmed that they are working on it, but Oy Veh! There are also problems with UAD plugins, but this can be fixed by turning off MAS VST support in DPs audio plugin prefs.

Zoiks!

2. cc64

cc64 Senior Member

Feb 17, 2008
    I did this workaround a few times. For some reason, eventually the crashes come back...

Claude

3. OP
    OP
    sinkd

sinkd Senior Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Western North Carolina
    Maddening. Hopefully a fix will come soon. The MAS VEPro implementation, with multiple MIDI ports per instance, is the core of my workflow.

4. OP
    OP
    sinkd

sinkd Senior Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Western North Carolina
    Anyone else in this boat?

5. T-LeffoH

T-LeffoH <Insert punchline here>

I upgraded in November then just immediately reverted to Sierra after encountering the issue; too much work to reset templates w/ 1500+ tracks already organized.

Incredibly frustrating that this is still going on, the issue was effectively identified & known to Vienna & MOTU by beginning of November and nearly impossible either didn't encounter it in their own testing prior to releasing.