What's new

Did you update to Kontakt 5.6.5? (POLL)

What version of Kontakt are you using?

• Kontakt 5.6.5 (the latest)

Votes: 56 50.0%
  • Kontakt 5.5 (the one before the change)

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • Another Kontakt 5 (below 5.5)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Kontakt 4!

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don't have Kontakt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kontakt 5.6.6 (The newest one!)

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters
I updated from 5.5 to 5.6.1 (I think) a while back and experienced audio dropouts. Went back to 5.5 and everything was back to normal. Haven't tried 5.6.5, but I doubt I'll bother upgrading again until they either add something I find useful, or a library I want requires it.

It's not so much pure 5.6.5 that is stopping me but Native Access. Native Access isn't ready yet (NI's own threads have fixing download snafus and savable installer files on the roadmap but TBC). If you make a library that is only 5.6.5 right now you are kinda throwing us under the Native Access bus.

Bit gutted as Jamie Lidell's little lib that I purchased the other day won't work on 5.5.x so that's gonna stay in the "where are they now file..."

I'm still using 5.5. I need fully-colored keys because my monitors are in front of my mixing console on an adjacent wall from my keyboards, and there's no way I'd be able to see tiny color dots. I'm also developing some instruments right now, and since a lot of people are not upgrading to 5.6, it makes sense to keep developing in 5.5.

If you make a library that is only 5.6.5 right now you are kinda throwing us under the Native Access bus.

Nope. Because you can still download 5.6.5 update from your account or Service Center and not via NA. This only applies to NI libraries, really. Not 3rd parties.

Since the 5.6.5 keyboard makes me angry whenever I look at it or think about it, I "upgraded" to 5.5.2 this morning (will deal with the inevitable "later edition" loading issues as I need to) and I changed my vote in the poll.

I may look into the exact how-to with the parallel installation developer's trick thing...

Still on 5.5 and will stay that way for some time until NI fixes the colored keys. Also no Native Access, its as bad as it can get.

Nope. Because you can still download 5.6.5 update from your account or Service Center and not via NA. This only applies to NI libraries, really. Not 3rd parties.
Except for the large amount of users that could not download 5.6.5 via SC and were sent to NA...

Top Bottom