What's new

Did NI make a 50% on Komplete Ultimate?

Yes I grabbed the 50% last off year and waiting for it too.

I couldn't resist and bought a few of them early like Thrill and India.
I don't even know if I have the extra hard-drive space for Ultimate 12 but looking forward to getting Symphony Essentials Percussion to complete the Series, Sessions Strings Pro 2, Kinetic Toys Electric Sunburst, Strummed Acoustic 2, and of course...Massive X!

Last edited:
Reactions: SBK
I just hope Collection will be discounted as well. I really only want the Symphony Series upgrade and Thrill.

Reactions: SBK
Komplete 11 user here. I'm waiting for 50% off so I can upgrade to 12. Although the new updates for Standard don't bring all that many new things comparing to the ones for Ultimate, there are always at least few new things I'm intrigued by. Currently, those three new libraries that ship with Kontakt 6 seem just like the ticket for my needs. I'm hoping they'll have crossgrade / upgrade sale sometime this year considering the fact that the new versions of Komplete have been released relatively recently.

I'm still on 10. Thrill was going to be my excuse for upgrading, but after buying it for $100, I have no desire to upgrade now. :cool:

Do they ever do discounts on upgrades from Ultimate to collection at all? I have Ultimate 12. I'm mainly interested in their orchestral packages.

Do they ever do discounts on upgrades from Ultimate to collection at all? I have Ultimate 12. I'm mainly interested in their orchestral packages.
To be honest, the Symphony Series included in Komplete 12 isn’t the best Orchestral package. But considering the other things you can get like the synths and among other things, it is a good option, but not the best. Do you have the Essentials included in Komplete Ultimate?

To be honest, the Symphony Series included in Komplete 12 isn’t the best Orchestral package. But considering the other things you can get like the synths and among other things, it is a good option, but not the best. Do you have the Essentials included in Komplete Ultimate?

I didn't realize the Ultimate only included the Essentials. The only reason I didn't go for the Collector edition was that I'm not interested in bunch of loops and samples...and even more drums? I use their orchestral stuff for quick sketching all the time so I'm very familiar with their quality. You're right though, they're not the best but still very useful.

At this point, maybe I should just wait and upgrade next year unless they give a better discount. How does this work in general? Now that they have the Mallet library, is this going to be included in the regular Ultimate package? or they'll break it down into essential and collector edition as well?

I think the Mallet library is just one library, not like Essentials or Collectors editions. I think you could save money on another orchestral Library like Eastwest’s Hollywood orchestra. Their Gold edition was on sale for $266. That’s way cheaper the an upgrade to the Collectors edition. But it’s personal preference. It all depends on what your going to do with those libraries.

I own EW's orchestral library. I use it all the time, but it's not really meant for quick sketching even if you have your templates and everything. That's what I like about NI stuff. You can just play through your ideas and come up with some kind of structure. Then go back and work on articulations/layering...and stuff.

Oh so you need a sketching library? Like an All-in-one? The Symphony Series isn’t that bad for a 2nd “Orchestra” or a backup.

Now that they have the Mallet library, is this going to be included in the regular Ultimate package? or they'll break it down into essential and collector edition as well?
My best guess is that the mallets will be in the ultimate package next time around. I think at this point, the collectors is basically a way for NI to include the symphony series in a collection.

Oh so you need a sketching library? Like an All-in-one? The Symphony Series isn’t that bad for a 2nd “Orchestra” or a backup.
Actually, I think it’s a very underrated series and a screaming bargain if part of a komplete collection.

Top Bottom