Designer Drums Released! | Intelligent Rhythm Engine | Intro Price

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by roalin, Oct 26, 2018.

1. roalin

roalin Senior Member

May 18, 2015
    Designer Drums released now, you can have it with intro price until November 18th!

We always wanted a more versatile and realistic sounding drum tool. One that could be used for any style, one that would result in much better dynamic behaviour when compared to typical velocity-volume systems and one with which creating unique timbres by combining (and cross mixing) different styles of kits is a breeze.

So we decided to create Designer Drums.

Learn More & Buy with Intro Price

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    tav.one likes this.
  2. latorreccint

latorreccint Active Member

Nov 18, 2016
  3. OP
    OP
    roalin

roalin Senior Member

May 18, 2015
  4. OP
    OP
    roalin

roalin Senior Member

May 18, 2015
    Smart Dynamics in action with raw midi >>>

5. Sid Francis

Sid Francis Senior Member

Feb 4, 2011
    near Cologne/ Germany
    That sounds really good and improves much in terms of humanization

6. LandWaterSky

LandWaterSky Senior Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Love all your software instruments. Just purchased Designer Drums. Thank you for the Pre-Order discount!

7. OP
    OP
    roalin

roalin Senior Member

May 18, 2015
    Welcome, here is a new demo making a world groove >>

8. gregh

gregh Senior Member

Feb 1, 2015
    hi, sounds excellent as others have said - Can designer drums output transformed midi so we can double with other sounds?

9. OP
    OP
    roalin

roalin Senior Member

May 18, 2015
    Nope, the midi is not transformed (not really possible) in designer drums.
    It is an audio process that act real time with midi input, not replicable with other sounds (but we are working on something that might do that).
    Here is another demo on making morphing cinematic drums with dual layers:

10. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Hi, after looking on the last video another general question: is the mapping of the drumsounds of the used kits in anyway "GM-compatible" or more like "phrase-based" so that you have to write or play any note especially for Designer drums so that it is not useable with existing drum tracks ? In the video it looked a little bit like it is this way which would be a little sad for me...

11. fiestared

fiestared Senior Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Hi,
    Sounds good and promising ! Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see a list of the included instruments, you talk about "massive drum collection and 100 + instruments" , could I ask you more details ? Thanks

12. OP
    OP
    roalin

roalin Senior Member

May 18, 2015
    Designer Drums (released today) is general midi compatible, the demo is not phrase based but produced with only solo midi input triggering one-shot sounds from Designer Drums. You might get suspicious because of the dual layer which helps morph the sound in the demo but yes you can play any kit solo, use your own midi samples.
    There is also patterns for each kit, so C2-C3 one shots, C3-C5 patterns as you can see in below image >>>
    [​IMG]

13. OP
    OP
    roalin

roalin Senior Member

May 18, 2015
    Yes, 100+ acoustic and analog instruments recorded, turned into 40 kits for each side. We will load the list of kits with explanation within next 24 hours +

fiestared likes this.
  14. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    So there dont seem to be any difference between "Pre-order" and intro.....should have learned by now that meanwhile it is just a common marketing gag it seems....even if I cant really laugh about it. That does not go against you roalin, its just the spirit of the time it seems.....think thats the last time I be caught by that. Dont matter cause I would have bought this gem anyway :).

Is it released now and delivery running ?

15. OP
    OP
    roalin

roalin Senior Member

May 18, 2015
    Yes your DD is ready on your account from last night, if you are on our list you should have received an email, if not you will receive a system email today.
    With the price thing, the intro price is slightly higher (you probably looked before price changed). We don't care what others do really, instead spend time building interesting-useful stuff.
    Enjoy it, feel free to reach us through support anytime +

16. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Yes, sorry, must have looked before prize changed, evrything fine, download is in my account, I just waited for an email :2thumbs:

17. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    First little playaround and two questions already:

- I did not find a "pan" anywhere for the two kits ? Think this is absolutely a need if you use only one instance with two kits and have no influence on the included instruments itself
    - seems the level could not be used to solo/mute one of the instruments, I have turned the level down totally for the right one to tryout kits for the left one and still hear one sound (loud !) from the right kit, the midi panic button "!" in kontakt does not help so it does not seem to be a hanging note, so if that dont work that way a mute/solo button is needed

I must say I like the general idea but think there is great potential for improvement (most needed apart from the pan on first view: have influence on the instrument selection in the different kits !). I would like the possibility too to have both kits playing the same drums (for example a button to "SPLIT" the kits like it is now and one to "MERGE" so that everything has one colour and could be played from both kits, of course then the PAN is needed even more to put one on the left and the other on the right site for example).

18. OP
    OP
    roalin

roalin Senior Member

May 18, 2015
    Have received the email, your questions and requests will be replied there in detail.
    Shortly,
    1- Pan and level on/off request is already on the shortlist of updates, should be there very soon +
    2- Same kits can be selected and played on both layers already, just select same kit names +

You can keep on sending your future requests through email (more organised), we add all requests to the pool and will roll updates fast.
    Thanks!