What's new

Demo for Metropolis Ark 1

dan1

i_dont_even_ndt.gif

Last edited:
Really liked this, sounded so epic. :D I felt that there may have been a bit too much reverb for my taste, though.

Here is a cue I wrote, 100% ARK 1.

The first time I played it, I was so fucking blown away by the sounds, and this was my reaction.
i_dont_even_ndt.gif

It's so fucking fun to play and feels so real you can't even believe you're playing a sample.

I'd like to know if there's anything wrong orchestration wise or mixing wise (other than the brass). And if you liked it or hated it, and why.

I'm not usually a fan of "epic" music but I like this track. You should continue to develop it. Maybe contrast it with the low winds for a section to lighten up the texture. Or longer chords without the string ostinato. So many options...

Nice job.

EDIT- if you go with horn chords, remember to use the 3 horn patches instead of the 9 horns. Otherwise playing a 3 note chord would be sonically like hearing 27 horns.

Really liked this, sounded so epic. :D I felt that there may have been a bit too much reverb for my taste, though.
Too wet for me. Other than that, nice job!
Too wet I have to agree but when I took the reverb away I felt that it was too dry and too much "in your face" when I wanted the SFX in front and the music more in the background so music and sfx don't conflict, maybe there's a better method to push the music back without making it too wet

if you go with horn chords, remember to use the 3 horn patches instead of the 9 horns. Otherwise playing a 3 note chord would be sonically like hearing 27 horns.
That's news to me, I never realized why they had two horn sections in there that's good to know!

Top Bottom