What's new

Dell Hake

Craig Sharmat

I'm sorry to report the passing of Dell Hake. Dell was currently EIS's most ardent supporter and helper to anyone and everyone. Dell was the only person Spud trusted to extend the course and was the author of the post graduate course.

His credits are numerous and he touched many of Hollywoods best.

I studied some of the post graduate course with Dell and he was as gentle a human being as i have met. I have limited conducting skills but what I know Dell taught me.

This is a huge loss for the EIS family. Thoughts go out to the Hake family.

So sorry to hear this, Craig. I didn't know him. But the little I've studied of EIS has literally changed my life and my approach. Perhaps the best way to honor Dell is to carry on his memory by forwarding his legacy.

Oh, this is sad. My condolences to his family, and the EIS "senior guard". I've heard great stories about him from you, Craig. :(

Mike

Oh, this is sad. My condolences to his family, and the EIS "senior guard". I've heard great stories about him from you, Craig. :(

Mike
R.I.P. Dell, and my condolences to his family and all whose life he touched.

Jim

Dell was a friend and mentor to me for many years. He graciously took me along to Simpsons sessions and taught me more than I'd ever known about Finale and orchestration. It's a devastating loss. He was a very good man.

RIP Dell. Frederick, that's a great idea. If any help is needed to put materials together or anything, I'm happy to help.

It is with a great sorry I heard that Dell passed away. It is a very great loss for his family so as for the community. I have been a longtime an E.I.S. student with David Blumberg who too passed away some years ago and both were among the EIS backbones. Rest in peace, Dell.

Hey Doug,

Thank you for offering. Not sure what would be appropriate, I am sure this is Lilith's area. Would be great hear Dell's takes on things. Whenever I had a question he and Dave Alfonso (the person who graduated me) were the first people I would call.

I am so sorry to hear of Dell's passing. I had the good fortune to meet Dell on a Simpson's scoring session and the honour of studying with Dell for the last several years from Canada over Skype. I agree with what everyone is saying. He was not only a great music teacher but also an exceptionally kind and generous man. The studies of EIS that I did with him literally transformed what I can do. I will always be grateful for the time I had to study with him. My condolences to you Craig and all of Dell's family.

Top Bottom