What's new

Decent fader controller around ~$100?

Sean

Are there any decent fader controllers for around $100? I really just want something that's like 4 faders or so, decent length. Korg Nanocontrol looks too small to me. I remember someone posting a fader controller from a company similar to pallette gear but I can't find the post and don't remember the company name. I feel like something like the SL Mixface has a bunch of extra buttons I'd never use. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

100% would recommend Nakedboards MC-8. I also have an SL Mixface and it sits in the box now (the extra buttons and knobs were cool, but the faders are stiff and hard to move with just a finger - so you can't really move multiple at once. Also the throws are shorter than the MC-8).

100% would recommend Nakedboards MC-8. I also have an SL Mixface and it sits in the box now (the extra buttons and knobs were cool, but the faders are stiff and hard to move with just a finger - so you can't really move multiple at once. Also the throws are shorter than the MC-8).
I've definitely been considering the MC-8 but I don't even need that many faders! I wish they had an MC-4 but I was thinking maybe the price to create a 4 fader box isn't worth what you'd sell it for. MC-8 does seem like the best option I've found so far.

I can only speak to the aforementioned Korg Nanocontrol. I own it, it works well enough (I guess), but the experience has been pretty lackluster. The faders really don't have enough travel, and the device itself is just a cheap piece of plastic that probably weighs less than your average paperback. It slides around, and I've just never fallen in love with it. But, as in all things, your mileage may vary.

You're not the first to ask this, I did the same research like, yesterday. Also found the MC-8 and https://intech.studio/shop/pbf4 (this).

You're not the first to ask this, I did the same research like, yesterday. Also found the MC-8 and https://intech.studio/shop/pbf4 (this).
That's exactly the one I was referring to in the post, thanks! Bookmarking so I don't lose it again.

I’m most likely being an idiot but how does one order an MC-8? The form on the site doesn’t seem take payment info.

That's exactly the one I was referring to in the post, thanks! Bookmarking so I don't lose it again.

One thing I would caution about is those fader caps aren’t the easiest to control for CC automation. The Mixface has similar ones and can’t be changed unfortunately.

One thing I would caution about is those fader caps aren’t the easiest to control for CC automation. The Mixface has similar ones and can’t be changed unfortunately.
That's good to know, thanks! Are they too hard to keep your finger on without slipping off?

That's good to know, thanks! Are they too hard to keep your finger on without slipping off?

Yeah - and hard to move with one finger on top. That's not how these caps are meant to be moved (they need to be pinched) while the caps on the Nanokontrol and MC-8 are designed to be moved with one finger sitting on top.

Yeah - and hard to move with one finger on top. That's not how these caps are meant to be moved (they need to be pinched) while the caps on the Nanokontrol and MC-8 are designed to be moved with one finger sitting on top.
That's great to know, thank you!

Top Bottom