What's new

Deal Ends Tonight at 11:59PM! Embertone's Cyber Week Deal

I finally managed to solve it.

The .nicnt file needs to be called 'Walker 1955 Concert D lite.nicnt' and the .nkr file needs to be called 'Walker 1955 Steinway D - lite.nkr'. Remember the dash.

BINGO !!!! Many, many THX ! :thumbsup: The .nicnt file name was it ( 'Steinway' out and 'Concert' in. )
.nkr was fine as recently installed.

Appreciate this specific help.

Regards

Thx. Had the same issue. Actually the continuata install failed so I had to manually extract each ear file (first time I have to do this with continuata) and then wasn't able to get it to work until I rename as above. This is surprising as I never had any issue with any Embertone product before.

Overall I'm really happy with this piano.I thought the una Corda was included but it isn't. I assume it goes with the regular version. Hopefully there's a way to cross grade at some point . I just hoped I could keep the disk usage small so thats why I opted for the lite version, but knowing embertone quality, I should have opted for the regular right away.. shame on me. Loll .

Oh man, wish I'd seen this thread two hours ago!!

Same problems, Continuata crapped out as the last zip file finished and then after manually unzipping & authorizing with NA, no library appeared (or rather it appeared but wanted me to locate the nicnt file it then refused to see!). After screengrabs and preparing a long email to Embertone support I found another solution post here:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=13601079&postcount=71

Other fixes in there to try but the first one, the renaming the nicnt from 'Steinway' to 'Concert', worked here first time also. Plus, never had a Continuata issue before this download.

Computers eh?....:shocked:

Not at this time - not separately. This would add too much complexity to our website and our back-end system (and IMO we're already on the verge of this sale being too complex). I'll make an offer to our VI-C friends. If you're interested in an additional mic, I'll find a way to get you a little discount. Email me!

alex AT embertone DOT com

<3

-Alex
I emailed but no love. You’re probably super busy, no worries

Oh man, wish I'd seen this thread two hours ago!!

Same problems, Continuata crapped out as the last zip file finished and then after manually unzipping & authorizing with NA, no library appeared (or rather it appeared but wanted me to locate the nicnt file it then refused to see!). After screengrabs and preparing a long email to Embertone support I found another solution post here:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=13601079&postcount=71

Other fixes in there to try but the first one, the renaming the nicnt from 'Steinway' to 'Concert', worked here first time also. Plus, never had a Continuata issue before this download.

Computers eh?....:shocked:

Sorry all for the issue - I thought we had resolved that renaming thing. Will get that going TODAY!

And yes, if you haven't heard back from me yet, sit tight. It's coming! :)

-Alex

Same Continuata crash here. Manually unzipping and renaming the .nicnt seems to have worked. Not sure if it's correct, as it's a bit laggy.

Last edited:
Yup... I manually installed every single ZIP file (ugh). I wasn't too pleased... but I admit I was pleased with the resulting sound I was able to enjoy after everything was working (also after I figured out with renaming issue thanks to an internet search).

I, too, encountered the same problem with Continuata failing to extract the contents of the Zip files. I think this is very weird, because the Walker Lite has been out for months (the files are date stamped May 15). I've been following the main Walker thread and don't recall this issue having been reported before. Why now?

Yeah, I'm a little stumped on this as well. Stu @continuata found an issue on the Amazon servers that is causing headaches for some people, specifically on Windows Machines. When I prepared this product, I used ZIP files instead of RAR, and apparently that was a big mistake.

I believe we have found a solution for this, and it should be rolling out over the next couple days. I'm so sorry for the issue and the frustration... Reach out to me personally if you need some more help, or to vent :)

Thanks!

-Alex

Shame for server inconsistencies Embertone has experienced … as I had no issues with Connect download and install.
.nicnt renaming was a hiccup, but solved easily.

Hope you get sorted quickly !

Yeah, I'm a little stumped on this as well. Stu @continuata found an issue on the Amazon servers that is causing headaches for some people, specifically on Windows Machines. When I prepared this product, I used ZIP files instead of RAR, and apparently that was a big mistake.

I believe we have found a solution for this, and it should be rolling out over the next couple days. I'm so sorry for the issue and the frustration... Reach out to me personally if you need some more help, or to vent :)

Thanks!

-Alex
props to a responsive developer. Cheers, Alex.

Top Bottom