What's new

Deal Ends Tonight at 11:59PM! Embertone's Cyber Week Deal

Is anyone still having problems downloading the 1955 Steinway D Lite? I'm on Windows and I get an error every time I start the download with Continuata. I can't tell based on this thread whether or not the error was supposed to be fixed or if they were still working on it. I PM'd Alex at Embertone but no response, I guess I'll open a support ticket on their site.

Is anyone still having problems downloading the 1955 Steinway D Lite? I'm on Windows and I get an error every time I start the download with Continuata. I can't tell based on this thread whether or not the error was supposed to be fixed or if they were still working on it. I PM'd Alex at Embertone but no response, I guess I'll open a support ticket on their site.

The download should run regardless of the name error. Run continuata as Administrator (especially when downloading and installing to your OS drive), and make sure that the files within the folder you choose to download and install in are not 'read-only'.

The download should run regardless of the name error. Run continuata as Administrator (especially when downloading and installing to your OS drive), and make sure that the files within the folder you choose to download and install in are not 'read-only'.

Thanks for the reply. I've been using Continuata on this same machine for a couple of years now with the same destination drive/folder and no issues. I'm running as administrator and the error happens as soon as I click "Download" (Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error). I downloaded the latest Connect.exe application to make sure it's up to date. I've never had an issue using Continuata before with this location/drive as I mentioned. It doesn't sound like anyone else is encountering the issue anymore, not sure why I'm seeing it. Anyway, I'm going to submit a ticket on the Embertone site unless they have some alternate way of downloading the library.

Thanks for the reply. I've been using Continuata on this same machine for a couple of years now with the same destination drive/folder and no issues. I'm running as administrator and the error happens as soon as I click "Download" (Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error). I downloaded the latest Connect.exe application to make sure it's up to date. I've never had an issue using Continuata before with this location/drive as I mentioned. It doesn't sound like anyone else is encountering the issue anymore, not sure why I'm seeing it. Anyway, I'm going to submit a ticket on the Embertone site unless they have some alternate way of downloading the library.

I just wanted to follow up to my previous post, I opened a support ticket on the Embertone site and received an almost instant response from them with some alternate download links. That's some seriously good customer support, cheers to Embertone!

Last edited:
Top Bottom