What's new

Darkest soundtrack/theme?

alexandrost

Hi guys,

I was looking for really dark themes for inspiration. One of my favorites in that department is Jocelyn Pook's "Masked Ball".
It has this super dark, mystical/culty vibe.
Any other recommendations ?

(The only similar thing I could think was Dead Can Dance, which I love , though I was more interested in cinematic pieces)

Those are some great recommendations. Thanks guys, I'll check them out. By the way, @Sunny Schramm , Heilung? WOW How come did I not know about them! That's one of the most unique things I've heard (and seen) recently. Cheers!

Those are some great recommendations. Thanks guys, I'll check them out. By the way, @Sunny Schramm , Heilung? WOW How come did I not know about them! That's one of the most unique things I've heard (and seen) recently. Cheers!

yes, they are really great. saw them last year over here in kiel. it was the most intense and atmospheric concert I´ve ever seen :)

not as impressive as heilung but good dark tribal ambient is "paleowolf". they got a lot of stuff - you have to watch/here a lot to find the gems...but they are there 😉

If you like it also a little bit harder and electronic than you should check out "yelworc" from the 90s. Its called Splatter Electro or Dark Tribal Electro:

Last edited:
yes, they are really great. saw them last year over here in kiel. it was the most intense and atmospheric concert I´ve ever seen :)

not as impressive as heilung but good dark tribal ambient is "paleowolf". they got a lot of stuff - you have watch/here a lot to find the gems...but they are there 😉

If you like it also a little bit harder and electronic than you should check out "yelworc" from the 90s. Its called Splatter Electro or Dark Tribal Electro:

thanks! Good stuff!!

Perhaps not as dark as you are looking for, but very evocative nonetheless. And once you've seen the film (Classic; One of my fav's), even the lighter moments of the soundtrack take on a darker, more sinister vibe.

Top Bottom