What's new

Daniel James Strings — Available Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can hear the sh1tty legato alright..
Well, that could be me. I'm not so good with riding the mod wheel. It does take a lot of work to make it sound that real.... (or a YouTube video of a real orchestra)

Reactions: cqd
Here, I wrote this piece just for these strings. I just threw it together, so don't expect much, okay?

Notice how these Strings can and will easily replicate and eventually replace any other Instrument.

Also appreciate them calling the Bartók-Pizzicato "cockSlap Sparrow".

Well, that could be me. I'm not so good with riding the mod wheel.
You shouldn't ride it like a wild horse, more like a breath of summer wind on a meadow with many little daisies. It is enough to breathe on the modwheel. At least I was able to create a quite convincing legato with a touch of portamento. I know of no other library that reacts so sensitively.

Edit: I tried it again. It is because the range of the first ppp layer is between 0.1 and 0.2. Layer 2 is then already fff and the crossfades are programmed a bit rough.

Last edited:
Alright, alright, i initially thought this thread was a joke put on by DJ, but he said he had nothing to do with it, correct? Has anything been officially established yet?

Just wondering if DJ finds this funny, or if we're all just having a heyday throwing jokes (in a Commercial Announcements thread, no less) at someone who is banned.

Seems like bad taste if DJ really has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Alright, alright, i initially thought this thread was a joke put on by DJ, but he said he had nothing to do with it, correct? Has anything been officially established yet?

Just wondering if DJ finds this funny, or if we're all just having a heyday throwing jokes (in a Commercial Announcements thread, no less) at someone who is banned.

Seems like bad taste if DJ really has nothing to do with it.
It was an April Fool's joke. Don't know who did it. And he is not technically banned from what I understand. And it had nothing to do with Spitfire.

It was an April Fool's joke. Don't know who did it. And he is not technically banned from what I understand. And it had nothing to do with Spitfire.
Totally justified!

Seriously though, it may have been an April Fools joke, but it ain't April Fools anymore.

As far DJ not being "technically" banned, that's a rather controversial topic (I'm sure you've seen the thread in DZ).

My point still stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom