What's new

Damage 2?!

Would be kinda interesting if someone wanted to run Damage and Damage 2 side by side to hear the comparison between similar patches. May not be a fair comparison, but just to hear the difference in sound

First two bars are 1, second two bars are 2. With an omni pad underneath - I didnt just want to post naked loops.

There is so much content to pick from, I just picked something.

Attachments

• d2.mp3
    391.6 KB · Views: 222
Well, not a fair comparison as Arkhis is really a collaboration between NI and OT, while Damage 2 seems to be exclusively developed by Heavyocity alone.

True, i was just using it as an example because its the most recent and it was co-developed by OT so people aren't sure if it'll be included or not. I think a lot of people see Damage 1 is in ultimate and assume damage 2 will be in the next so im just glad there is clarification from day 1.

If you buy a digital product (eg Damage 2) through a company based outside of the seller's country, shouldn't you be able to submit your company's VAT ID number at checkout to get a reverse VAT charge? Not asking for a friend. (I assume Heavyocity is a US company, I run a company in Sweden.)
Would that be the case when shopping through PayPal as well? Not sure how it works with these online systems...? Also based in Sweden.

Just looked all the walkthroughs. They seem to have outdone themselves! The Performance options like rolls, repeats etc are really awesome and seem to be unique! Has anyone seen anything like that in any plugin before?

Interesting to know how you use it with scaler 2, as that is more for chords and scales.
I’m not using it to actually write anything, more of just to get new ideas. All I do is just Load up whatever preset in damage, loop a single chord in scaler and just change the expression and speed to get some pretty unique and in depth loops. It’s like a cheat code to a massive percussion sound

So excited to go back using Damage. Sold my D1 copy earlier this year, but after announcing the sequel, I had to pull the trigger and get both of them. Downloading D2 now...

Giving Damage2 a miss. Whilst it sounds great, I have sooooo many drum libraries that Damage2 would get lost, and to be honest I haven't heard anything in Damage2 that I don't already have.
Its probably a great tool for anyone just starting out or doesn't have many good quality libraries.

Giving Damage2 a miss. Whilst it sounds great, I have sooooo many drum libraries that Damage2 would get lost, and to be honest I haven't heard anything in Damage2 that I don't already have.
Its probably a great tool for anyone just starting out or doesn't have many good quality libraries.
Just for curiosity, what libraries do you have and which you mean quality libs? :)

Just for curiosity, what libraries do you have and which you mean quality libs? :)
So I tend to use the various percussion from the ARK1/2/3/4 Orchestral tools libraries, CineSamples Percussion, The various HZ and Percussion libraries from Spitfire Audio, AudioBro's LADD, LA Modern Percussions, and then also libraries from 8DIO, and Omnisphere for more sound design, but prefer using synths and lesser known libraries from SAGA, Sample Logic, Umlaut, etc etc.
I've also a load of individually sampled big drums from various projects.

I have Damage1 but I've not yet used it for anything. Maybe I'll get Damage-2 when its cheaper (on sale) Christmas or next year, but for now it would definitely be an unnecessary distraction for me.

How frequent was Damage 1 on sale? The few times I checked, it seemed like it was excluded from Heavyocity sales, but then I haven't really been following closely and am not familiar with Heavyocity sales practices.
(trying to gauge whether to get it now or wait for Black Friday sales or something like that)

Damage 1 is typically included in the NI sales - as it is part of Komplete Ultimate, like the Evolves, it's sold from the NI storefront rather than Heavyocity's.

So I tend to use the various percussion from the ARK1/2/3/4 Orchestral tools libraries, CineSamples Percussion, The various HZ and Percussion libraries from Spitfire Audio, AudioBro's LADD, LA Modern Percussions, and then also libraries from 8DIO, and Omnisphere for more sound design, but prefer using synths and lesser known libraries from SAGA, Sample Logic, Umlaut, etc etc.
I've also a load of individually sampled big drums from various projects.

I have Damage1 but I've not yet used it for anything. Maybe I'll get Damage-2 when its cheaper (on sale) Christmas or next year, but for now it would definitely be an unnecessary distraction for me.
Sounds great :D

How frequent was Damage 1 on sale? The few times I checked, it seemed like it was excluded from Heavyocity sales, but then I haven't really been following closely and am not familiar with Heavyocity sales practices.
(trying to gauge whether to get it now or wait for Black Friday sales or something like that)

I imagine Damage 2 will, like all their releases, eventually go to 50% off during their big sales, after a year + of being out. Damage 1 was probably an outliar as it is in Komplete. They have said that they have no plans for Damage 2 to ever become part of Komplete. 50% is normally as big as it gets for Heavyocity.

I expect you will see this release price come back for black friday/xmas, and then next years sales it might come down to 50%

I asked earlier, about whether the 100$ discount for damage 1 owners is only for release/until the 27th August as well as that will help me decide whether to get it now, or wait till next year. If this damage 1 owner discount is a one time thing, or won't be applicable on top of future sales prices, then i will likely just pick it up now instead of waiting a year or more for it to be 50% off.

Last edited:
I imagine Damage 2 will, like all their releases, eventually go to 50% off during their big sales, after a year + of being out. Damage 1 was probably an outliar as it is in Komplete. They have said that they have no plans for Damage 2 to ever become part of Komplete. 50% is normally as big as it gets for Heavyocity.

I expect you will see this release price come back for black friday/xmas, and then next years sales it might come down to 50%

I asked earlier, about whether the 100$ discount for damage 1 owners is only for release/until the 27th August as well as that will help me decide whether to get it now, or wait till next year. If this damage 1 owner discount is a one time thing, or won't be applicable on top of future sales prices, then i will likely just pick it up now instead of waiting a year or more for it to be 50% off.

Allow me to quote from HO's email:

Get Damage 2 for $299 (reg. $399). DAMAGE 1 owners get it for $199 with serial.

Offers end August 27.​

I would assume that since they list two offers, and then says "OFFERS (plural) end August 27th", the D1 owner upgrade discount is also expiring on that date. That's why I bought it yesterday ... history has shown that HO almost never discounts more than 50% no matter how many years old a product is, so the current $199 price for a D1 owner seems likely to be as good as it will ever get, and that offer evidently will not last long.

(Highlighted text in text copied from HO's email added by me.)

I would also note that I think it very unlikely that there will be a 50% discount on D2 for at least several years. After all, VENTO has been out for a while now and has not been discounted anywhere near 50% yet (otherwise I'd own it, too).

Allow me to quote from HO's email:

Get Damage 2 for $299 (reg. $399). DAMAGE 1 owners get it for $199 with serial.

Offers end August 27.​

I would assume that since they list two offers, and then says "OFFERS (plural) end August 27th", the D1 owner upgrade discount is also expiring on that date. That's why I bought it yesterday ... history has shown that HO almost never discounts more than 50% no matter how many years old a product is, so the current $199 price for a D1 owner seems likely to be as good as it will ever get, and that offer evidently will not last long.

(Highlighted text in text copied from HO's email added by me.)

I would also note that I think it very unlikely that there will be a 50% discount on D2 for at least several years. After all, VENTO has been out for a while now and has not been discounted anywhere near 50% yet (otherwise I'd own it, too).

I agree it does read that way, but it would be good to have that confirmed by Heavyocity.

It might well be that they still have some sort of discount for damage 1 owners, even after this intro price.

Top Bottom