What's new

Cyperpunk comes out in a few days and I am fully preparing to become a useless piece of s***

You write and play music, do you not? You most likely sit to do that, rather than walk around - do you not?

So perhaps leave others to play their games, and if they do it to the point their bodies suffer, they will know it, and hopefully listen in return. You are right that there is a certain balance to life that is required, but let me ask you this: do you go around to the homeless and chastise them for sitting and begging on the streets? If not, why then would you chastise people for enjoying video-games? Surely many people who play games still have jobs and lives.
Umm, this is a crowd that sits at the computer all day to compose music and work on their rig, in my mind the last thing one would want to do is to sit some more and loose themselves in an ARTIFICIAL world. Seems WE need to move more not less. But ya, it's like eBikes it gives you the illusion that you're exerting yourself and doing something but at least with eBikes you're OUTSIDE in REALITY!...
(Sorry, I'm the resident NATURE/Hippy composer)...

Umm, this is a crowd that sits at the computer all day to compose music and work on their rig, in my mind the last thing one would want to do is to sit some more and loose themselves in an ARTIFICIAL world. Seems WE need to move more not less. But ya, it's like eBikes it gives you the illusion that you're exerting yourself and doing something but at least with eBikes you're OUTSIDE in REALITY!...
In your mind. No one here agrees with your unwelcome opinion. Go away.

I KNOW it's not going to be welcome, but it's my right to express it regardless. It's my job man...
Forget it ... there is no point in telling kids they should not play video games, unless they're your own. And some people never reach adulthood. They will keep doing the same stupid stuff until they sit in a wheel chair and then complain why nobody warned them this might be the consequence ...

Joining a party with alcoholics and telling them they should quit drinking will only draw their hate upon you.

What is your job? 😊

Last edited:
You never sit down to watch a movie or a tv show? I often do. I also sit to make music...and to enjoy a bit of gaming. None of that stops me walking around my city for hours a day (Although obligatory mask-wearing has put somewhat of a dampener on that). Enjoying gaming and being active are not mutually exclusive.

Forget it ... there is no point in telling kids they should not play video games, unless they're your own. And some people never reach adulthood. They will keep doing the same stupid stuff until they sit in a wheel chair and then complain why nobody warned them this might be the consequence ...

Joining a party with alcoholics and telling them they should put drinking will only draw their hate upon you.

What is your job? 😊
Someone else who doesn't sit and watch movies or tv shows? Fair play, I guess.

I can understand it if your attitude is you'd just like to help people be more active, but I think you may have come across with the wrong tone initially as to how to approach such a conversation. People can choose how much time they spend on one or the other. Maybe they devote more time to composition and only game for an hour a day? Or maybe they only compose for that one hour and play games for more? Whatever it is, that's their life.

If all you'd like to do is provide some advice regarding healthier living, then start with talking about that! :) (There are many ways to communicate; some are more effective at helping people, others more effective at provoking arguments.) If you're really a "hippy", maybe you'd be open to just expressing the positives to your advice. As an example, instead of opening a conversation with "you are wasting your time indulging in the apparition of violence", you could have said something like "I've observed a lot of people wasting a lot of their time on violent video-games; I personally find a better stress relief for myself to be a lot of exercise and refrainment from such violent imagery." Now that sounds totally different! And I would expect most responses to such a conversation may then have been things like "me too! I get outdoors a lot but I actually play non-violent video-games as well!" or "I get exercise, but I do enjoy violent games, they just excite me" - and I'd bet even some of the people who aren't exercising or taking good care of themselves would read such a post and think "hmm, maybe I should consider becoming more active because that seems to be helping this guy/these people out."

Hopefully some of that will make sense. If you're sincere and what you really want to do is help people, there is a better way to engage them and communicate.

So finished the main storyline yesterday after about 55hrs or so. Overall I really enjoyed it and it’s a really great game...if you stick to the main mission & side quests, it all falls apart outside of that! But most are aware of its faults so I don’t need to say much else. My only other complaint is how short the actual main quest is, clearly there was a lot of story content cut as the pacing is a bit off. I’m excited for the future expansions but will definitely wait before buying day one again

Top Bottom