What's new

CUBE by Lunacy Audio A New 3D Virtual Instrument

What I’ve heard of your music and the inherent sound design that is at the fundament of much of your work, I can tell that “sound”, in a quite literal sense, is something you take extremely seriously. I should also say that I am a big admirer of both your way of working and the resulting pieces that methodology renders. TL;DR: I love your music.

well... ahum.. thank you, means a lot to me. a lot.
And THAT, I feel, may make it a less interesting tool or instrument for a composer like yourself. The curation and creation of samples is something you do yourself - out of a musical principle that underlies your personal composing philosophy. Instruments like Tomofon, MsoundFactory, granulizers and others are more likely candidates for sound mangling in that case. Again - this says nothing about the -imho- outstanding quality of Cube as a musical tool. It does say something about its architecture and mangling capabilities, for those musicians who literally still sample / source their own sounds and want to take those to the next level. Cube isn’t really a tool for that.

and people tend, or most of them, can better describe what i am doing, than i can. and i know what i am doing, i am not obvlious, but so caught up in the work itself, and the effect it must have (also on me, it is all about senses, sensitivy), that.... o well...

strangely perhaps, although this was personal, but you bend it to a more common or better general statement; the tools, the instruments (in the primitive sense almost) that work for you.

the sounds you use, the genre, the sound you are after, after the mix, or better within the mix. also effects, ánd.... mastering tools; how they work, depend on what sounds you have and want.

intuitively i think most people know this, but in certainly at the start, it is searching.
and sometimes it stays searching, which is best synth, or effect. etc.

i have a lot, i think, but not extreme (i think, i don't how much plugins i have); at a certain point, you know if it is something, that you can fit in, that fits.

and sometimes, still, you can be suprised of course.

vector synthesis, or with samples is indeed great, and strangely i like it the most in Voltage Modular, which a basic pathc, that i have used a few times, and changed. it is monophonic, but because 4 samplers run (and a Freeze Module is modulated, and i did something, well there is a vid, but this isn't the place).

of course Prophet VS, or Palindrome.

or Cube! but i don't think it really fits. with Palindrome, although 4 slots, and not that-orbit like, but with the MSEG's, and granular approach... or the Voltage Modular setup, that i can change, also the playing style, within the patch.

but Vector, with samples, is a great thing.

Nice indeed, but you need to own two other packs in order to use it.
Yes, it’s a preset pack. They have expansion packs that include presets and sound sources, and then sometimes they release preset packs which I think are free, but which make use of sound sources which may be part of an expansion pack. Highly recommend all their stuff and it’s all on sale now.

Top Bottom