What's new

Cubaser losing focus in Windows 10

borisb2

Since about 2 days Cubase 9.5 under Windows 10 is losing focus as the main app every minute for about a second. That means when I play something the sound suddenly stops and then comes back 1 second later. WTF??? I didnt have that before - no Win10 update in the laste days

Checking processes in the task manager on the side doesnt show anything suspicious - but clearly another app / service must be taking over the focus in these moments (the frame around the arrange window in Cubase that normally indicates the active window disapperas and then comes back)

What is happening here?

Strange! I was about to start a similar thread for Cubase 10 and 10.5 on steinberg forums. In my case, audio plays fine but since last October, not only does the arrange window lose focus, it switches to desktop (as if someone pressed show desktop button on windows) when adding new plugins etc. I have to then manually bring it back. I wonder if these two things are correlated.

Win 10, Cubase Pro 10 + 10.5,

hmm .. would be interesting to know ..

also weird that the problem can go away as sudden as it surfaced .. closing and re-opening Cubase did work yesterday .. I'm sure its a windows10 thing .. ehm feature :P

Top Bottom