What's new

Cubase Rack instrument, render in place??

bengoss

Hey Guys,
I was wondering if someone has a way of rendering in place a midi track without every audio output of the rack instrument? I’m on Cubase 9.5

Thanks,
Ben

shawnsingh

Are the instrument outputs controlled by the same midi channel? If you can change it to control each output with a separate midi track, then you could render only the midi track of the output you want.

OP
bengoss

bengoss

Are the instrument outputs controlled by the same midi channel? If you can change it to control each output with a separate midi track, then you could render only the midi track of the output you want.
Nope, every output is assigned to a separate midi track, but when I render that track I get the rest of the outputs rendered also..
My setup is with VEP 6 and I have let’s say one instance of brass that goes to midi tracks. When I render in place the solo horn I get all other outputs rendered too.

thomasjdev

I've run into this issue. IIRC there was an old thread here that I stumbled upon when looking at this issue myself and they said you have to change the render settings to "Complete Signal Path"

I did some tests and it does work, with the annoying side-effect that you then have to rename the rendered audio track as it will default to the name "Master Out (R)"

I'm on Cubase 10 (new to all this) but I would think there is a similar option in 9.5?

Also in my testing it seems this is the case with both Rack and Track instruments using multiple stereo outs. I would love to be proven wrong though as I'd like an efficient way to render a midi part to audio dry and still send to the same busses for additional mixing, etc

shawnsingh

Hope you all figure it out, luckily I hadn't seen this kind of problem yet. I do usually use "complete signal path" for my workflow.

OP
bengoss

bengoss

Yes, with complete signal path works but that’s the same as an audio mixdown. I really want the option to have the wav file and keep the inserts and sends on the track..

B

Top Bottom