What's new

Cubase.... quick controls, pain is the ass???

eross2121

i get frustrated with Cubases midi quick controls. I’d like to be able to just simply click a knob on a synth or effect plugin, and have it learn the midi control knob i am turning on my midi controller instantly. similar to abelton live.
is there a way to bypass the quick control setup and use it that way. i find quick controls very clunky and slow.

greggybud

rudi

i get frustrated with Cubases midi quick controls. I’d like to be able to just simply click a knob on a synth or effect plugin, and have it learn the midi control knob i am turning on my midi controller instantly. similar to abelton live.
is there a way to bypass the quick control setup and use it that way. i find quick controls very clunky and slow.
I was the same with Cubase, it never felt intuitive to me... then I switched to REAPER. It works in a similar way to your description: touch a control, select learn, twiddle MIDI control and you're done :)

24dBFS

You need to setup your CC# for the Quick Controls in the Studio Setup. Once the right numbers are there you can click on the Learn button in the Inspector and just wiggle your controller to assign to that particular QC. It really works great and you can even save your settings as presets for later use with different VSTs or whatever you are controlling with it. Let me know if you need some more help with the setup, Steinberg is not doing a great job with explaining this whole Quick Controls concept. Many people don't know/understand the difference between Track Quick Controls vs. VST Quick Controls etc. I plan to record some YT videos about that topic in the future though. Cheers!
Karol - 14bitMIDI

Top Bottom