What's new

Cubase Pro 10.5 or Studio One Pro 5

Thanks for your feedback.

Cubase is used quite a bit, even in electronic music, but quite often they produce their tracks on Live, Fl Studio and of course use Cubase for the mixing.

But others use Cubase to compose and mix as well.

I'm not saying Cubase is bad, on the contrary.

My question is, what is more than Studio One?

For ergonomics and cpu management, apparently, Studio One wins this title hands down.

The handling also seems much simpler and more intuitive for Studio One.

Perhaps also that a lot of people prefer to stay on a daw, out of habit, so as not to start again from zero for another and therefore, s used to having a daw can evolve over the years and therefore perfectible and lagging behind the competition.

There’s another thing about Cubase in that its widely used by many top composers like Hans Zimmer. To me, that’s the one I want to be using.
Also keep in mind that zimmer has the most powerful computers you can get and a tech on staff to keep everything running smoothly...

I have been trying both and they both seem so cluttered and clumsy compared to Logic, which I know is not the best, but seems to be the easiest to use!

Thanks for your feedback.

I have no doubt that Logic is not bad.

But only for Mac.

The basic reason for not asking for comparison.

Too bad there is not a version of Logic for pc.

After a great deal of thought and taking into account all your opinions and feedback, I took Live 10 and Studio One Pro 5.

Thank you again for your feedback which was very helpful.

thank you for your reply

Just apparently catastrophic on Windows 10, instability, crash, slowness, high cpu load.

Since Cubase version 10, there would be a lot of instability, which at first glance is not the case with Pro 9.5 version.
I have not experienced anything like this one Windows 10. I have a 250 track template. It has been flawless since purchase (Cubase 10.5) on both my Desktop and Laptop. It has never crashed on me.

Whats the latest with the recent C11 update and the most recent versions of version S1 version 5?

Am I right in thinking that Cubase is more mature has far more features and functionality. But there is a lot of old legacy stuff in there that needs updating for modern standards.

Whereas S1 is newer, has some well thought out features such as the custom UI buttons, but is still playing catch up in terms of overall features compared to Cubase.

That’s probably a fair assessment. Not a cubase user and have only demoed S1. But I think there are a lot of interesting things going on with S1 and am watching it myself to see where it goes.

The nice thing is both have demos you can download and try out.

My take on this:

- commit time to the daws you want to demo
- get one demo first
- create at least one complete cue/song/track with it. The demo timeframe is a great way to limit the time you have with it!
- only after you’ve demoed one with a project go to the next demo!

during these testing periods do work intuitively and/or use the manual. Forget any marketing blurb and try to stay focused. While you will try to adjust the particular daws workflow to your experience also try to stay open and try to understand the daw as well.
Stay focused and mean it!

oh and don’t give up after 10min because you don’t know any better.

So, I have recently been pusuing Logic Pro for orchestrations. This week I was particularly pursuing learning to utilize track and region automation more fully; particularly CC1 (modulation) and CC11 (expression) via a Nakedboard's hardware MC-8 faderboard and the knob controllers on an NI S61Mk 2 Komplete Komtrol keyboard.
I found Logic to be really inconsistent at allowing me to record various automations and edit record over them. Not at all the smooth experience I was expecting.

Can anyone speak to S1 or Cubase regarding being better and less problematic than Logic with hardware controllers and MIDI automation?

Top Bottom