What's new

Cubase Pro 10.5.20 update

holywilly

Here is the release note:

I’m still on version 10, and having 10.5 installed. 10.5 is quite unstable comparing with 10 on my system (Mojave, MacPro 6,1).

I really want to use 10.5, but hesitate to do so.

A couple long-time problems appear fixed in this update, including Mix Console recall settings and MIDI routing restoration after Track disable.

[EDIT] - Haven’t tested yet

Here is the release note:

I’m still on version 10, and having 10.5 installed. 10.5 is quite unstable comparing with 10 on my system (Mojave, MacPro 6,1).

I really want to use 10.5, but hesitate to do so.
Strange, for me 10.5 is the most stable in a long time. Mojave, macpro 5,1.

Same. Been running 10.5.12 on Windows 1909, never crashed or anything. I expect this update to run as smooth as the previous one :D

Quick controls are still loosing their assignments after disabling instrument track :

Last edited:
I am having issues with the playback cursor always going back to a point of it´s choosing, no matter if I have return to playback start on or off. When you press stop, it jumps to this random place.

Anyone else?

I am having issues with the playback cursor always going back to a point of it´s choosing, no matter if I have return to playback start on or off. When you press stop, it jumps to this random place.

Anyone else?
Funny although I’ve reset my preferences several times the video follows edit mode never worked for me in 10.5. A different issue but related to the playmarker.

Certain plugins crash Cubase 10.5, but not 10. For example, izotope’s vocalsynth2.
I really wish version 10 is able to export video, that’s the only reason I upgrade to 10.5.

10.5 has also, for me, been an incredibly stable build so far. Performance issues and crashes happening on 10 appear to have been fixed so this boy is a happy one at the moment! Touch wood!

Windows 10 seems to be the more stable of the 2 at the moment, with the new beta tests it may be beneficial to offer up some feedback direct to Steinberg with bug reports etc. Especially on Mac as a few producer friends have also been having similar issues to yourselves.

I cant remember having system as stable and Im on 10.5.12, although Im running it with soundtoys microshift disabled in the control room insert (this fixes the plugin-related crashes). I don't think I will be updating until 11.5. (Im on PC btw)

10.5 has also, for me, been an incredibly stable build so far. Performance issues and crashes happening on 10 appear to have been fixed so this boy is a happy one at the moment! Touch wood!

Windows 10 seems to be the more stable of the 2 at the moment, with the new beta tests it may be beneficial to offer up some feedback direct to Steinberg with bug reports etc. Especially on Mac as a few producer friends have also been having similar issues to yourselves.

Same here, although I must say that with this new update, the performance meter is much higher in an empty project.
Updated Windows to the latest update at the same time so maybe that’s the culprit. Really should keep those two apart next time for possible troubleshooting... :)

Same here, although I must say that with this new update, the performance meter is much higher in an empty project.
Updated Windows to the latest update at the same time so maybe that’s the culprit. Really should keep those two apart next time for possible troubleshooting... :)
Yes! I noticed that too. Not sure whether Cubase is just basically reserving some processing power even in an empty project now but I made the same mistake as you with updating W10 and Cubase in a short period of time.

Yes! I noticed that too. Not sure whether Cubase is just basically reserving some processing power even in an empty project now but I made the same mistake as you with updating W10 and Cubase in a short period of time.

To come back to this quickly, I realized that in this update they switched off by default the "suspend VST3 plug-in processing when no audio signals are received" and they advise to leave it off for now as it can cause problems with some third-party plugins.
I actually tried to switch it back on and the performance meter went back down again to normal levels, probably even lower as before.
Just finished a pretty big project with it switched on and it worked great, with performance meter barely reaching half-way, so I don´t know which plugins they are talking about but for the moment I´ll leave it switched on!

To come back to this quickly, I realized that in this update they switched off by default the "suspend VST3 plug-in processing when no audio signals are received" and they advise to leave it off for now as it can cause problems with some third-party plugins.
I actually tried to switch it back on and the performance meter went back down again to normal levels, probably even lower as before.
Just finished a pretty big project with it switched on and it worked great, with performance meter barely reaching half-way, so I don´t know which plugins they are talking about but for the moment I´ll leave it switched on!
Ahhh ok, interesting. Will give it a look, thanks for the heads up friend!

Top Bottom