What's new

Cubase Midi Recording ahead of the beat!! Whats going on?!

shomynik

Try them both, think it was Windows MIDI for me (not at workstation right now).
Ok, thank you. But, do you think this would sort the Retrospective Recording specifically, or you just referring to regular recording as well?

BC I don't have any problems with normal recording.

Pietro

Regarding recording vs retrospective recording. The latter doesn't seem to have delay compensation and is indeed coming out twice as early :P.

- Piotr

poetd

Ok, thank you. But, do you think this would sort the Retrospective Recording specifically, or you just referring to regular recording as well?

BC I don't have any problems with normal recording.
Retrospective if I recall.

Sorry, been a while since I dealt with the issue, and tend not to use retrospective anyway.

Polkasound

If you mean that you ALWAYS have messed up MIDI timing after recording it, I know about that issue as well as I had the same thing much earlier. I'm not sure how did I solve it but I would check the midi controller connection - if it's USB that might be the problem. Also those checking options in MIDI port Setup if you're on PC - ppl are saying that can help but I don't remember that ever helped me. But of 3 options to check I have :Use Device 'DirectMusic' checked only. In any case, you really shouldn't have this issue ever with the normal MIDI recording, it's very solvable.
It should be solvable, but I have checked, ticked, and adjusted everything in Cubase, ASIO driver, interface software, Windows, etc. in every combination which could affect timing, and not a single one will remedy the consistently early recording of MIDI. I researched the problem a few years ago and discovered it's a known-yet-unresolved issue affecting some PC users going back to the earlier days of Cubase.

Blakus

Midi Magician
Well, for those interested, I figured out what the problem was for me at least.

Edit -> Preferences -> Record -> MIDI -> ASIO Latency Compensation Active by Default
This will solve the problem for all future tracks. But for tracks that are already in a template, the only way I could find to do it was to enable the option on each track manually.

1. Go to 'Track Controls Settings' by right clicking

upload_2019-6-6_11-32-58.png

2. Make sure 'ASIO Latency Comp' is set as a visible control

upload_2019-6-6_11-35-52.png

3. It will now show up here, and needs to be activated (orange) on every track in your template

upload_2019-6-6_11-31-50.png

Good luck! I'm certainly happy to have found my solution anyway!

shomynik

Well, for those interested, I figured out what the problem was for me at least.

Edit -> Preferences -> Record -> MIDI -> ASIO Latency Compensation Active by Default
This will solve the problem for all future tracks. But for tracks that are already in a template, the only way I could find to do it was to enable the option on each track manually.

1. Go to 'Track Controls Settings' by right clicking

View attachment 20535

2. Make sure 'ASIO Latency Comp' is set as a visible control

View attachment 20536

3. It will now show up here, and needs to be activated (orange) on every track in your template

View attachment 20534

Good luck! I'm certainly happy to have found my solution anyway!
Do you mean you fixed the timing issue with the Retrospective Recording? Or just the normal? I have activated ASIO Latency Compensation for all tracks, and normal recording works fine, just the Retrospective one still writes ahead of the beat around 15ms. This is the case with both C9.5 and 10.

Top Bottom