What's new

Cubase/Metagrid question

I noticed some of your presets in the app specific commands!
Did you make the visibility presets? That is what I am working on now.

Here’s a video I made a while back on Metagrid and it may be of use to you...

Turns out I had not seen this particular video yet. Good stuff in here :)

I figured out how to assign key commands to the Logical Editor (and also Project Logical Editor) presets (they appear in key command menus), but what are you doing @44:10 in the video?

It looks like you are assigning a command in the menu for "Generic Remote 3" which was created using the Macros .XML provided on the Metasystem website; is that correct? Is there a reason to assign it to a macro from that menu rather than in the bottom portion of the key command window (where it has macros)? Trying to grasp the architecture of the controls here.

Turns out I had not seen this particular video yet. Good stuff in here :)

I figured out how to assign key commands to the Logical Editor (and also Project Logical Editor) presets (they appear in key command menus), but what are you doing @44:10 in the video?

It looks like you are assigning a command in the menu for "Generic Remote 3" which was created using the Macros .XML provided on the Metasystem website; is that correct? Is there a reason to assign it to a macro from that menu rather than in the bottom portion of the key command window (where it has macros)? Trying to grasp the architecture of the controls here.

Yes. Im assigning an LE command to the XML Macro file that is the Cubase Generic Remote 3 (now GR 4) as it’s just one simple command and doesn’t need to be a Cubase Macro (Cubase Macros are in the Key commands section at bottom). Regardless of whether you are creating an LE command, a PLE command or a Cubase Macro (a Cubase Macro can combine Cubase key commands, LE and PLE commands which makesCubase incredibly powerful), you will have to eventually assign one of them to the Generic Remote so Metagrid can communicate with Cubase and your buttons will fire off the correct commands.

Since making this video, I actually donated around 250 Logical Editor commands to Metagrid so you can just go straight to the iPad Metagrid menu and select one of them and they should work without having to do that. Obviously if you are creating a command I didn’t create then you will have to assign them to the Generic remote.

Top Bottom