What's new

Cubase : how to modify the tempo of a cue without moving the others cues on a film ?

If you want to have all cues in a single project (which happens to be my own workflow) @europa_io is correct. Once you get the hang on it it’s pretty quick

What does Process Tempo actually do? Don't think I've ever used it...
It’s an old thing Wolfgang Kundrus wrote for me in Cubase. It lets you take a region of music and - let’s say you want to hit bar 201 at a certain Timecode number - adjusts and re-calculates all the tempos relatively (keeping the “shape” of rittardandos and Accelerandos) in tact. It makes your music fit the scene... there is more to it than that, but RTFM :)

It’s an old thing Wolfgang Kundrus wrote for me in Cubase. It lets you take a region of music and - let’s say you want to hit bar 201 at a certain Timecode number - adjusts and re-calculates all the tempos relatively (keeping the “shape” of rittardandos and Accelerandos) in tact. It makes your music fit the scene... there is more to it than that, but RTFM :)

Uh... holy crap. How have I never used this before?! Thanks for the tip! I'm RTFM'ing right now! :)

This is a great tip! My pet peeves writing for picture : how do you convey gradual or subtle tempo change on sheet music and how do you record it so it will fit, it's an art in itself, rythm, image synchronisation and musicians recreating it.

Gah fuck guess I will have to read it after all.

-DJ

BTW mate can you have a word. Can't count how many times I have accidentally hit f1 and had Chrome load up the manual. Gotta let us re-assign that key.

-DJ

Top Bottom