1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cubase Expression Maps-2 Keyswitches Simultaneously?

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by InLight-Tone, Dec 6, 2017.

1. InLight-Tone

InLight-Tone Senior Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Hi guys, going a little bonkers here trying to figure out if it's possible for Cubase expression maps to send out 2 simultaneous keyswitches at the same time?

The libraries Soundiron Venus & Mars are the ones I'm trying to work with. They have two keyswitch areas where you can choose a different vowel for each and be able to morph between them.

I've tried every combination I could think of, separate channels, groups, two instances in Kontakt on separate channels, Directions & Attributes and so on, but Cubase seems to only be able to send one keyswitch at a time.

Any insight or flat out "it's not possible" appreciated!

2. whitewasteland

whitewasteland Senior Member

Mar 9, 2016
    In the middle of nowhere.
    You can have one Expression map Articulation triggering two keyswitches at once (you just have to enter two "Note On" in the output mapping)... But to my knowledge, there is no way to select two different Expression map Articulations at the same time.

jamwerks likes this.
  3. Jdiggity1

Jdiggity1 Member Of The Month

Jan 31, 2012
    La La Land
    To select more than one keyswitch or expression map articulation simultaneously, they will need to be assigned to different groups. You can have up to 4 groups.

jamwerks likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    InLight-Tone

InLight-Tone Senior Member

Dec 31, 2013
    I tried that, but only the top one seems to get triggered. I tried all combinations I could think of also. Thanks for the feedback and everyone else as well...

5. FriFlo

FriFlo Senior Member

Jun 13, 2011
    That is not how expression maps is designed which is why it won't work. E.g. OT Capsule multi articulation triggering won't work with expression maps.
    The only way would be to write a Kontakt multi script that translates some keyswitch events to multiple ones (sends the note data from this keyswitch to multiple channels).
    I hope Steinberg will revisit expression maps and improve them in order remain in front of the competition with the next update!

whitewasteland likes this.
  6. lucor

lucor Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Germany