What's new

Cubase Elements for Mobile Rig?

jonathanwright

I'm toying with the idea of grabbing a copy of Cubase Elements to run on my laptop, so I can sketch out tracks while on the move.

My plan is to begin projects in Elements, then develop and complete them when I get to my studio running the Cubase Pro. The main reason being I don't want to keep moving my dongle around, knowing me I'm likely to lose it within a day or so :)

Do any of you guys already do this, if you do are there any issues or unexpected limitations you've come across when working between the two versions?

Get the Cubase artist if you can. there is a sale going on Steinberg's website for Cubase artist version (50%off).
all owners and buyers of Steinberg audio hardware and selected Yamaha equipment benefit from a special 50% discount offer for the upgrade to Cubase Artist.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/cubase-artist-9-special-offer-available-4202.html
:2thumbs:

Hello,

I do this specially when taking my laptop to the rehearsing studio, you can import projects from Cubase Elements 9 into Cubase Pro 9 without a problem, you might have problems the other way around as there are some settings/features and plug-ins that the Elements version do not have, but in most cases you will only receive a warning.

If you don't plan to do any complicated routings you will be fine.

Different topic, yes, the Artist version requires a dongle so that will not work for you, in this case.

Best regards,
GN

I second this. I also got the FabFilter plugins so I would have some plugins that didn't require dongles. I also installed Omnisphere and Albion directly onto my hard drive, since they don't require dongles. It's kind of hilarious how I do the great bulk of my work on my laptop now, just because it's way more convenient.

Top Bottom