What's new

Cubase Controller Lanes

Matoshi

Hello world!

So, I'm in the middle of a project, building a new template for this film I'm working on. I had a feeling for a while that something random was going on with the controller lanes in the key editor. Meaning, I double click some midi event to get into the key editor and find a different controller lane setup compared to how I think it looked like when I last closed that event. It kept bugging me, but I thought, well, maybe I just forgot to change the lanes on this track to my preferred view until now, so I'll quickly set it up how I like it and move on.

It happened so often though that I felt it interefered with my workflow too much, so I just set up a key command to quickly change any lane view to my preferred preset and ran through all midi tracks in the template to make sure I have the same view everywhere.

But no luck. Now I know I set them all up where I want them to be, but I still sometimes get randomly different views on some of the tracks. I can quickly restore the lanes with my key command, but still I wonder if I'm doing something wrong here?

The different controller lane views that pop up are not the used lanes. They look different from each other and not like any of the presets, so I don't think there's some accidental key command happing here that changes the view. It seems random.

So, has anyone experienced something like this? How are you all setting up your controller lanes?

By the way, I'm still on Cubase 8 (latest update). If this is a unique problem to me, it might be time to upgrade.

Cheers!

I have wondered the same. But I never took the time to figure out why they are changing. So I don't know for sure if there is a randomness in the way they behave. Sorry, not much help I guess!

I have wondered the same. But I never took the time to figure out why they are changing. So I don't know for sure if there is a randomness in the way they behave. Sorry, not much help I guess!
Thanks! You're helping already by reassuring me that I'm not mad! Good to know that there are others who have experienced this behaviour. :)

Top Bottom