What's new

Cubase: Can't get Send for FX (Reverb) to work

By default Cubase will have routed the selected channel to the FX bus, however you need to activate the send. Expand the "Sends" tab in the mixer on the channel you created a send for. Turn on the listed send in the inserts (it'll be greyed out) and it'll then turn light blue, you can adjust how much of the signal is sent to the fx bus.

You can also create new sends by clicking on an empty insert in the sends tab. Then selecting where you want the signal to go.

P.s if you click the speaker icon on the send you can change between pre and post.

Lord have mercy.. this was the one thing that I overlooked. Works like a charm now.
Thank you @MarcusD and to all who tried to help me out!!

PS: Can you tell me more about the difference between / benefits of pre and post?

Yes--if I'm compressing the pee out of a pop vocal, I'm going to send to reverb prefader (and thus pre compressor)...because otherwise, the ambience will be too...lacking dynamics. It will be too loud and I'll have to turn it down more...and then I won't be able to hear it...but, if I send before the compressor--the actual louder sung parts will get "more reverb" than the intimate whispered ones, like intended...the compressor will keep it right focused up front--every syllable audible, while the reverb is way back there until they belt it...which is pretty much how our ears hear ambience anyway.

Similar I would assume if you're riding faders on strings to swell if you make it pre fader, when you push it up louder, it will get drier/closer, and visa versa...where if it's post fader, louder will alos bering more reverb wash.

There's a million reasons...but, that's usually MY big one.

Lord have mercy.. this was the one thing that I overlooked. Works like a charm now.
Thank you @MarcusD and to all who tried to help me out!!

PS: Can you tell me more about the difference between / benefits of pre and post?

Pre = Signal gets split before your track fader chain and sent to the bus. (Unprocessed track signal)

Post = Signal is split AFTER the track fader chain and sent to the bus. (Processed track signal)

Just depends on how you want to tackle the material. They both work slightly differently as the fader can effectively become gain control for the bus rather than controlling the gain using the send input slider.

I'll update this post later (tricky typing off me phone)

Last edited:
Top Bottom