What's new

Cubase: Ascending channel numbers for new midi tracks

fretti

Hi all!
I really hope I can describe it so everybody understands what I mean:

I'm currently building my "master-template" and have the following "problem": when adding multiple midi tracks they always start at the channel of the last track +1. So if I add 5 tracks they are all channeled from 1-5; if I add another 5 they are then channeled from 6-10. So far so good...
But as I am doing folders for different sections/articulations etc. wich are going to all be routed to different Kontakt/Play instances and I don't always have 16 tracks/instruments etc. I want to change the channeling so it always starts with 1, when I add new tracks into the folder.
Is that possible? So far I wasn't able to find something in the preferences or manual or on other forums/threads here...probably I'm just to dumb to find it, or maybe it's not possible. Would be great though if someone knows if something like that is possible without any scripts or 3rd party software:)

Thanks in advance:)

Bender-offender

Just an ex-con trying to get my kids back.
Unfortunately that’s the way Cubase is. If you want to restart with channel 1, you will need to create just one midi track, change it to channel 1, then you can go back and add however many midi tracks you need from there.

I’ve always wished Cubase had “duplicate track with next channel” like Logic has. It makes things a lot easier when adding many tracks within the same midi port.

OP
fretti

fretti

Unfortunately that’s the way Cubase is. If you want to restart with channel 1, you will need to create just one midi track, change it to channel 1, then you can go back and add however many midi tracks you need from there.

I’ve always wished Cubase had “duplicate track with next channel” like Logic has. It makes things a lot easier when adding many tracks within the same midi port.
Thanks for answering! Yes it would make it a lot easier if there was some kind of setting in the add-track dialog or so...otherwise it makes routing just more complicated...
Will use your solution later when I'm at home!

Top Bottom