What's new

Cubase 9

No news on update, but I did see a Dorico video about their update which featured a new look expression map.

OH yes I went to look on steinberg's channel, it looks nice more efficient and cleaneast interface ! here it is

hope it will be integrated also in Cubase 9...

Yep! Speaking of rumors, rumor is that its: tabbed, 64 bit only, new video engine in January as a .1 update, retina ready, with a new Sampler track.
Nice thx for the infos :) what "tabbed" means exactly ?

I've been on the Cubase bandwagon since 8 and I love the workflow. It's also the easiest on my CPU of any DAW out there. If they incorporate for notation based composing flow from Dorico I will be elated as I'm sure a lot of others will be too

The " only 64-bit" thing wouldn't surprise me as Sound Radix has just announced that their 32Lives bridge works with VSTs now, not only AUs. When Logic X came and was 64-bit only, users were infuriated. Let's see how Cubase users will react. If the tabbed windows interface is true, they better make the option of working with multiple screens as most Cubendo users invested in multi-displays for years.

If history repeats itself, it should be out this week. If it does come out this week, new users should buy the remaining stocks of 8.5 to have a stable version and will be entitled to a free V9 upgrade.

Blink

Watching that video on the expression map editor, did I miss something or did it appear there was no longer a way to change MIDI channel like you can in the Cubase 8.5 one?

Watching that video on the expression map editor, did I miss something or did it appear there was no longer a way to change MIDI channel like you can in the Cubase 8.5 one?
I dont kmow how dorico handles expressions map but for sure they won't remove the change midi channel option in cubase..

Please, please, PLEASE let there be triple-meter divisions in the MIDI editor in version 9. Then we can start hoping for mixed-meter by version 18 or so. Why is Steinberg so married to 4/4?

Also, I really hope we get an "export active group tracks" option in the export dialog. This option would save a lot of time and prevent a lot of mistakes for folks who run large templates that send into group stems - right now you have to manually select which stems you want export (or export a bunch of silent tracks). The software *knows* which stems have data, so why not have the software do the selections for you?

At leat a couple times a year I get the call: where is the XYZ stem? Crap... forgot to tick the box in the export dialog...

rgames

I wonder if the new version is going to be completely Black? I reminded myself of what SX2 looked like the other day and instantly had to put my sunglasses on to adjust.

Top Bottom