What's new

Cubase 9 - Tabbed UI?

jonathanwright

I was updating my Cubase 9 workspaces today and accidentally opened my Project window and MixConsole in tabs. Is this a new feature in C9, I can't find any reference to it?

After trying out a few combinations, I discovered that holding down Alt while opening the MixConsole(s) (and other devices such as the Pool) via the main menu consolidates the project window and opens a new tab.

I can switch to the MixConsole tab using the usual key command, but I'm unable switch back to the project window without clicking on the tab (pressing the MixConsole command again just closes the tab).

Additionally a new option 'Close Tab' appears in the File menu.

I'm on MacOS 10.12.3.

This will be really helpful on the laptop! Also I've noticed you can control which window the tab goes to. For example in a dual monitor config you can have the second monitor hold the tabs. (I think it just needs to be in focus when you create the tab).

Oh also, looks like you can cycle through tabs using cmd-shift-[ or ]

Thanks for the great tip!

It's a new feature API introduced by Apple with macOS Sierra. If developers take advantage of that API you can then have a tapped interface.

Right. I'm just astonished given that Steinberg still don't support full screen or retina.

This will be really helpful on the laptop! Also I've noticed you can control which window the tab goes to. For example in a dual monitor config you can have the second monitor hold the tabs. (I think it just needs to be in focus when you create the tab).

Oh also, looks like you can cycle through tabs using cmd-shift-[ or ]

Thanks for the great tip!

You're welcome, although it was a complete accident!

Thanks for the key command, that really does make it useful for single screen setups and keeping things in a single window.

Top Bottom