What's new

Cubase 9, Panning Issue

josh_campbell

I've got this new problem where every time I try to pan my tracks (I noticed it when I was tracking guitars), the panning button either increases the volume when pushed left, or decreases (to silence) when turned right. Weird yeah? Does anyone know what this is about? Track wise, I tried audio, mono in/out and mono in/stereo out.

Also, this is my first ever post on VI, so hello from the UK! I hope we can all be friends. You can expect to hear more from me in the coming months. Josh.

Smikes77

My Avatar looks just like me
Welcome to the forum. It's a bit of a dodgy problem.

Have you tried posting in the steinberg forum too?

Smikes77

My Avatar looks just like me
Also, post what you are using. My guess is that it's something like a scarlet?

T.j.

I've got this new problem where every time I try to pan my tracks (I noticed it when I was tracking guitars), the panning button either increases the volume when pushed left, or decreases (to silence) when turned right. Weird yeah? Does anyone know what this is about? Track wise, I tried audio, mono in/out and mono in/stereo out.

Also, this is my first ever post on VI, so hello from the UK! I hope we can all be friends. You can expect to hear more from me in the coming months. Josh.
Are you sure you're not recording a mono signal onto a stereo track? Cause that's what it sounds like...
Does your audio clip have 2 lanes (1 quiet and 1 with signal)?
In the device setup select create a mono input and name it 'gtr in' or something,
create a mono track and select 'gtr in' as input. Leave the output 'stereo bus' for now.
Record something and try again, if it's still not working i'd have to think about it

Top Bottom