1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cubase 9+ blacklist

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by Kony, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Thought I'd post this here in case anyone is having any issues/concerns about Cubase blacklist.

I recently bought Izotope Ozone and the result was I got a lot of Ozone dlls added to the blacklist in Cubase 9.5. I tried to remove them from the blacklist but kept getting a message indicating that this had failed. After going into a project, I noticed that Ozone was actually working okay in Cubase so, after investigating the issue, I found the following out:

There are two dlls: one is iZotope*plug_name*.dll and one iZ*plug_name.dll.
    The first file is the valid plug-in's dll, the second is not.

Both dlls are needed for the plugin to work - so you do not need to remove the second from the blacklist. Hope this helps!

2. camerhil

camerhil (Tim Cameron)

Nov 7, 2016
    New Jersey
    I just went through this exact confusing sequence. I tried to remove the blacklisted "duplicates" only to find that the plugins no longer worked. Very glad I backed the files up instead of deleting them!

Kony likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Glad you were able to get it sorted. I think the principle should be that if plugin manager doesn't allow the file to be removed from the blacklist, then it should be left alone - ie not removed from blacklist by alternative means, as long as the plugin still works.