What's new

Cubase 9.5 Project F'ed

EspenH

Hi guys, I'm working on a project and i managed to change the sample rate. Now it crashes when I try to open it, and other projects with the same template will not open either. Windows 10 btw. Anyone have any experience with this? Am I completely fucked or is there a way to open these projects again?

Please help!

sinkd

Hi guys, I'm working on a project and i managed to change the sample rate. Now it crashes when I try to open it, and other projects with the same template will not open either. Windows 10 btw. Anyone have any experience with this? Am I completely fucked or is there a way to open these projects again?

Please help!
Have you tried disconnecting your audio interface, rebooting and then opening?

OP
E

EspenH

Have you tried disconnecting your audio interface, rebooting and then opening?
Yeah that didn't work.. I get a crash message and then it's just stuck on "Collecting missing files" every time I try

sinkd

Can't revert to a backup? I don't know if Cubase keeps a backup folder. I would be trying to reset the SR manually for your interface and then opening a backup file, if possible. In MacOS, I would also be in the system folder trashing preferences files so they get rebuilt. Whatever that looks like in Windows 10.

Are there audio files, or is this just a VST thing?

OP
E

EspenH

Can't revert to a backup? I don't know if Cubase keeps a backup folder. I would be trying to reset the SR manually for your interface and then opening a backup file, if possible. In MacOS, I would also be in the system folder trashing preferences files so they get rebuilt. Whatever that looks like in Windows 10.

Are there audio files, or is this just a VST thing?
I'll try that! There are a few audiofiles as well as VSTs

OP
E

EspenH

So it's when it gets to "Collecting misssing files" it either crashes or it just closes cubase completely.

sinkd

Sorry I have been away from my computer. I am at a loss to suggest anything else at this point. I suggest you contact Steinberg. You may be able to send them files to troubleshoot.

DS

OP
E

EspenH

Sorry I have been away from my computer. I am at a loss to suggest anything else at this point. I suggest you contact Steinberg. You may be able to send them files to troubleshoot.

DS[/QUOTE I managed to solve it :D

OP
E

EspenH

i believe it's common courtesy to share the solution,

especially after such a saucy original post.
Oh sorry! Well I reinstalled Cubase, then I opened a empty project and then opened the problem project without activating it. Then I could disable all the audio tracks while inactive. With them disabled I could activate the problem project and bring in the audio tracks one by one. It crashed a couple of times, but eventually I got them sorted. Some of the files where devoid of sound some were fine. It was very weird, but it is working now :)

Top Bottom