Cubase 9.5 Not Quitting?

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by Prockamanisc, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Same issue here, been like that for a long time ! When closing a project and hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del, I can see the Ram used by Cubase slooooooooowly going back to normal. After Cubase has finally given back all the RAM, I can shut it down.

danielb likes this.
  2. Carles

Carles Senior Member

Regarding articulations this looks lovely for Reaper users

http://www.thesoundboard.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2402&sid=a72d9222275851312d44d0fc76703ea6

and here (Logic)
    http://www.audiogrocery.com/a.g_toolkit_pro.htm

(I think I saw yet another solution for Logic but cannot find it right now)

regarding editing this looks quite cool (Reaper)
    (check out Kyle's Youtube links)
    http://www.thesoundboard.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2357&start=25

DaddyO likes this.
  3. For Logic Pro X you have Skiswitcher as well. Which is ARTzID and Skiswitcher3.
    http://www.skiswitcher.com/skiswitcher3

http://www.skiswitcher.com/artz-id-articulation-id

4. DaddyO

DaddyO Senior Member

Carles, thanks for your response.

5. danielb

danielb Composer, Guitarist

Dec 25, 2015
    Paris
  6. JPQ

JPQ Senior Member

Jul 31, 2010
    good know these bad problems.

7. jacobthestupendous

jacobthestupendous not that stupendous

May 27, 2015
    It quits, you complain.
    It never quits, you complain...
    :shocked:

8. Grizzlymv

Grizzlymv Active Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Canada
    Well, we would not if it would quit when we want it to quit, and not quit when we need to stay in it. ;) Over here, quitting Cubase will take several minutes (5-10) when I've been working several hours on a large session and sometime it just don't, I have to force quit it. And the other issue is after several hours of usage (24+), cubase will just become unstable (losing audio, crash, give serious error messages, etc). However that problem is there since at least v5. I've been suggested to reboot my machine everyday (which I'm forced to do), but this sounds more like a workaround than a real fix to me.

jacobthestupendous likes this.
  9. noises on

noises on Active Member

Sep 28, 2013
    I would suggest using a process of illimination user interface wise. ...so create test templates out of Kontakt for instance....see if you still experience this issue.....if not ...then add others until you reach the point where the problem occurs. Then update the problematic programme. Problem hopefully solved.

10. Grizzlymv

Grizzlymv Active Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Canada
    well, in my case my template is made only from Kontakt instrument tracks, everything updated to the last versions (windows, cubase, kontakt, libs). would have to check if the non-quitting issue would remain with a smaller template, but the 24+ hours stability issues has been there no matter what size of template I'm using.

11. jonathanwright

jonathanwright Senior Member

Jul 7, 2011
    London
    I’m running the latest Cubase and Kontakt, but the issue has been around for several versions of both (on a Mac anyway).

It’s the same in every project, on both my rigs.

As Steinberg have referenced saving times and Kontakt in their latest update notes, it seems something funky is going on.

12. Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
    I don't have a problem with 9.5 pro quitting on large projects. I would suggest, if this isn't a widespread problem, the fault is not with cubase.

13. jonathanwright

Jul 7, 2011
    London
    Logic, and even Studio One perform without issues dealing with similar projects of the same size, so it's definitely Cubase.

Personally I've found that 99% of the time it's UI related. Either the UI slows down dramatically (mainly with Kontakt) or an interaction such as moving a plugin or making an edit in the piano roll will cause the crash.

As I say, this happens on both my rigs.

14. Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
  15. jonathanwright

Jul 7, 2011
    London
    Cool, thanks, I hadn't seen there was an update!

Hopefully it is Kontakt, although it is odd how it only occurs in Cubase.

16. Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
    May be a settings issue as well. I have a new build PC for my DAW which is mainly offline - might be why I'm not having this problem even with Kontakt 5.7.1

17. kitekrazy

kitekrazy Senior Member

Dec 23, 2008
    It is. I can open up 9.5 Elements and not add a thing and the behavior is the same.

18. Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Again, in case you missed it in my previous post, I'm not having a problem with Cubase - you are apparently. How does that equate to Cubase being the problem? I think it might be more accurate if you say you're having a problem with Cubase on your particular workstation. Also, there doesn't appear to be a high number of contributors to this thread indicating a widespread issue with Cubase....

19. ChazC

ChazC Cryogenically frozen in 1986 and just thawed out

Jun 8, 2015
    Melbourne
    It's been an ongoing problem with Cubase for a while now. I had it in version 8.5, 9 fixed it, now it's back again in 9.5. It does quit eventually but it can takes upwards of 5 minutes once you quit the program from the menu. There's a few people reporting it on the Cubase forums & there's several suggested solutions (none of which seem to be the definitive source of the problem I might add) from the dongle to certain plug-ins to certain hardware drivers (Korg seems to crop up more than most). It's more an inconvenience than anything else as on my system at least 9.5 is solid - I'd rather have it not quitting than quitting when I don't want it to (looking at you Pro Tools!). :)

20. pmountford

pmountford Active Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Midlands, UK
    I've never investigated whether this was a Windows 10 problem or just a problem with later versions of Cubase but I frequently have the issue of Cubase crashing on exit and it is concerning to hear that others do too.