1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cubase 9.5 - First Look

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by lucor, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Synthmorph

Synthmorph Blaise I.

Jun 9, 2016
    Going through ALL Cubase 9.5 new features and a basic review.
    If you want to know each and every new feature (even the kind of hidden ones!) and where to find them, then it's worth watching.

[​IMG]

2. shomynik

shomynik Senior Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Just to report, if somebody's thinking about updating... I am back to 9.0.3.

9.5 is the most buggy version ever. They are fully letting public beta testing it.

3. Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
    9.5 Pro works perfectly over here. I'm on Windows 10 btw

4. shomynik

shomynik Senior Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Glad it works for you, I guess it's workfliw dependable, but for me and the others on the steinberg forum, it's very unpleasent.

Don't remember ever that many reported issues.

5. Vik

Vik Senior Member

Dec 15, 2013
    On Mac or PC?

6. shomynik

shomynik Senior Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Ah, sry. 9.5 pro on win 10

7. Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Or workstation

8. shomynik

shomynik Senior Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I always check that first, then look at the forums. Many people with same issues, plus I didn't have those problems with 9.0.3. If it doesn't work for me and works for you, chances are it can go either way for others.

I am not trying to trash Steinberg here but to give a headz up to the working people who's jobs depends on this daw. I made a mistake and jumped right on it, others are probably much wiser.

9. Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
    It could go either way since everyone's set-up is different. So it doesn't help to generalise which you did by saying it's buggy without offering any additional info such as operating system or even which version of 9.5 you were talking about, or even PC build. For all I know, most of the people who are complaining about it visit buggy websites and have registry issues. My DAW PC is offline mainly so....

You also make a comment about "many people" having the same issues with it ... it's the first I've heard about it over here at VI-C and 9.5's been out for almost a month? What are the buggy issues you're making sweeping generalisations about anyway?

10. jamwerks

jamwerks Senior Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Not saying that it's the case of anyone here, but using cracked plugins inside a daw can make it buggy.

11. shomynik

shomynik Senior Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Ok, right... I am in the middle of the project, so not having much time for else but the music I just wanted to say like - beware all. But fair enough, here are some problems i am facing:

1 - Mix Console History doesn't work, or actually stops working after some time upon opening a project.
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=126679

2 - Infinite key editor windows (I reported this issue, you can try and reproduce it ...very annoying with my workflow)
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=128056

3 - My automated VCA faders going wild as in changing values on their own, jumping on different values.

4 - And very annoying thing with some lag between mouse click and activating range/area selection thing.

All of this working fine on 9.0.3 on my system.

12. shomynik

shomynik Senior Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Don't have any plugin specific problems (or crashes), nor do i use anything cracked. But sure, I guess many people are having problems related to that and reporting as a daw specific problem.

13. Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
    I agree with you on point 4 - doesn't happen often for me but annoying when it does.

shomynik likes this.
  14. Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Not that many by your own reckoning. One of the two links is a post only made by you and nobody else about infinite key editor windows, the other is from some people complaining about losing mixer history ... and that's it. Hardly a lot of issues being reported really, would you say? Couple of minor bugs which I wouldn't revert back over

15. holywilly

holywilly Senior Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Taipei, Taiwan
    A quick question, does Cubase Pro 9.5 run on OS X Yosemite?

I roll back from 9.0.3 to 9.0.2 because the 9.0.3 does not import audio when I import video into Cubase. Does 9.5 fix this issue?

I’m running Mac Pro 6,1.

16. shomynik

shomynik Senior Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Enough to be totally frustrated. Mix console undo/redo which works then doesnt. Tens of key editor windows in the background making a 2-3 sec graphic lag whatever i do (have you tried it?). VCA changing my mix constantly.

And others reporting a huge number of issues:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=253

It just seems to me it's very problematic version. That's all.

Sure, if it doesn't look that bad to you, than I guess you met worse. Great.

17. Paul Grymaud

Paul Grymaud Senior Member

CUBASE.png

Attached Files:

Walra48 and pixel like this.
  18. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

On OSX I no longer have any GUI problems. 9.5 is by far the greatest version of Cubase I have ever used. It is like a different DAW comparing it to Cubase 9 (for me). Sure, there are still a few bugs but nothing serious. Obviously I have, like most, a wish list of feature requests and updates to specific features but since installing 9.5, I haven't had a single crash. And I'm loving the new features in 9.5. I was so close to moving back to PC if the GUI problems weren't fixed.

19. JacquesMathias

JacquesMathias Senior Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Brasil
    I like this version and how it looks however I am experiencing a lot of problems:

1) Automation seems to be a bit messy. Sends ON/OFF seems to not work all the time - when you automate it.

2) Loading previously saved Instrument Tracks (with VST Expression Maps, something I use a LOT), does not reload the VST Expression Maps. Ouch.

3) I have Cubase 8.5, 9.0 and 9.5 installed on my PC (Windows 10). Cubase 8.5 will load all the Instrument Tracks with its VST Expression Maps perfectly, even the ones created on 9.5, so at least a way to reload the track preset, save its Expression Map, and the load it again when using Cubase 9.5

Am I the only one?

20. NYC Composer

NYC Composer Senior Member

Jul 24, 2008
    I have a very old version of Cubase (6.02). I was able to automate inserts but not sends. Did they implement the automating of (on and off) sends since?