What's new

Cubase 9.5 constantly crashes

Paul T McGraw

I hope someone might have a tip that will help. I am having a problem with Cubase crashing about every hour or two. When it does crash, I get a message that Kontakt has stopped working, then the crash. So the problem might actually be Kontakt.

When I only use VSL instruments, I never have a crash, ever. The problem occurs when I open Kontakt instruments, especially Spitfire Symphonic Strings. I have had the performance monitor running when this happens, and only using about 36gb of my 48gb of memory. CPU load usually is running in the 65 to 70% range when it happens. There is a big spike in CPU load at the moment of the crash.

Here are my specs:
Windows 7 pro 64 bit
Intel i7 960 with 8 threads at 3.2 ghz
Ram 48gb
All drives are SSDs

Any tips or ideas of what to do?

patrick76

I hope someone might have a tip that will help. I am having a problem with Cubase crashing about every hour or two. When it does crash, I get a message that Kontakt has stopped working, then the crash. So the problem might actually be Kontakt.

When I only use VSL instruments, I never have a crash, ever. The problem occurs when I open Kontakt instruments, especially Spitfire Symphonic Strings. I have had the performance monitor running when this happens, and only using about 36gb of my 48gb of memory. CPU load usually is running in the 65 to 70% range when it happens. There is a big spike in CPU load at the moment of the crash.

Here are my specs:
Windows 7 pro 64 bit
Intel i7 960 with 8 threads at 3.2 ghz
Ram 48gb
All drives are SSDs

Any tips or ideas of what to do?
That sucks. Maybe check this link out. Only thing I saw where there was a solution that someone said worked...
https://vi-control.net/community/threads/kontakt-player-5-8-1-crashing-cubase-9-5-on-mac.74055/

JamieLang

Ill watch this for developments....i had so many crashes (though more on OSX) during my 9.5 demo period I just didnt buy the upgrade. I was using a combo of VSL and Kontakt 5.81(i would have to look up the exact revision)....

After holidays, I see they have their demo fro 10 ready....and i have new (since the demo) Coffee Lake hardware....

Top Bottom