1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cubase 9.5.20 Update Released

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by ckiraly, Mar 8, 2018.

1. ckiraly

ckiraly Senior Member

Feb 3, 2017
  2. Good!
    I hope that it takes care of a lot of small bugs present in 9.5...

3. zolhof

zolhof Senior Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Silent Hill
    Nice update, they finally fixed the annoying MixConsole bug where the channel name would disappear when placing the mouse cursor over the name field.

And this is a huge workflow improvement for those switching cues constantly:

In Preferences > VST > Plug-ins, a new item “Keep Plug-ins in Memory until the Application Quits” is available on macOS systems. It is enabled by default. This preference improves the overall system stability when removing plug-ins from projects. As a positive side-effect removed plug-ins will load faster the next time they are inserted into a project. It is recommended to leave this preference enabled.

I wonder why this isn’t available for Windows? @Guillermo Navarrete could you please chime in?

Kind regards,
    César.

4. Robo Rivard

Robo Rivard Senior Member

May 11, 2016
    Québec
    It fixed my eLicenser problem! No more weird pop-up when I launch Cubase.

5. C-Wave

C-Wave Senior Member

Feb 27, 2016
    I still cannot load VEP Pro 6 (latest update) if Cubase 9.5.20 is already in memory (running). Have to load it BEFORE! Otherwise I get the attached error messages.
    Windows 10 Pro, latest updates.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  6. Jimmy Hellfire

Jimmy Hellfire Senior Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
    I don't even care any more. It's always the same crap with Cubase and that "an installation package for the product Steinberg Cubase 8 64bit cannot be found" message with every single update they do. It's beyond me why they're absolutely incapable of creating an update that just works, like any other software company on this planet.

7. zolhof

zolhof Senior Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Silent Hill
    Just tested here and it's working fine (before and after). Also Windows 10 Pro, latest updates.

A few places for further investigation:

• Event Viewer -> Custom Views -> Administrative Events
    • Control Panel -> Security and Maintenence -> Reliability Monitor or View problems to report
    • WinDbg

The third one you get with Debugging Tools for Windows. It allows you to read crash dump files and has saved my ass more than once. The default location for app errors is C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\CrashDumps

This video teaches you how to setup and use the basics of Windbg:

Hope it helps!

Best,
    César.

C-Wave likes this.
  8. jonathanwright

jonathanwright Senior Member

Jul 7, 2011
    London
    What is it about Steinberg nearly fixing things?

The folder display order has been out of whack in the Media Bay since 9.5 (something to do with High Sierra I think), 9.5.20 fixes the top level folder display, but any subfolders are still out of order, and folders under the 'Favourites' tab in the right zone are also in the wrong sequence.

9. jamwerks

jamwerks Senior Member

Mar 21, 2010
    This seems to be a "bug-fix only" update. Was really hoping for the new CC drawing tools like those for the automation! Guess we'll have to wait until November :ninja:

10. Symfoniq

Symfoniq Senior Member

May 8, 2013
    You're not wrong. :rolleyes:

I'd be totally fine with Cubase 10 being solely a "polish" release.

11. Kony

Kony Senior Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Steinberg are a German company (badum-tish).... I'll get my coat

12. Guillermo Navarrete

Guillermo Navarrete Senior Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Hamburg - Germany
    Hi,

Because it is not needed in Windows. Windows keeps the plug-in in Memory until the application quits.

Best regards,
    GN

13. Guillermo Navarrete

Guillermo Navarrete Senior Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Hamburg - Germany
    Hi,

Are you receiving this error message with this update? Do you have Cubase Pro 9.5 or you are just complaining because in the past you had that error message with Cubase Pro 8? I am just asking in case it happens and I need to report it.

Best regards,
    GN

14. Jimmy Hellfire

Jimmy Hellfire Senior Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
    Hi Guillermo,

I've been experiencing this problem with every update for years now - don't know on what Cubase version it first occured, might well have been Cubase 8.
    I've changed machines and drives three times since then, but it's a persistent problem. I never really figured out a solution for it, other than completely uninstalling Cubase, downloading the latest version of the full software and installing that, which obviously isn't ideal.

15. Rob Elliott

Rob Elliott Senior Member

This is 'too big' for a maintenance update - they know we'll write checks for this feature (v.10) :) :(

jamwerks likes this.
  16. C-Wave

C-Wave Senior Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Just to br fair, my (almost) 1000 tracks template loads in less than one minute now..finally a sensible loading time.
    Thanks Steinberg.

note: edited.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  17. meradium

meradium Senior Member

Dec 29, 2013
    None of those issues here at all. Downloaded, installed, ran.

18. meradium

meradium Senior Member

Dec 29, 2013
    None of those issues here at all. Downloaded, installed, ran.

19. composerlarkin

composerlarkin Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Is your 1000 track template with VEPro or instrument tracks? Thanks in advance!