What's new

Cubase 11 - Open Mixer/Key Editor on the same monitor each time?

harrybrokensha

Hi there,

I've hit an issue in Cubase which is that I'd like my MixConsole and Key Editor windows to open in separate windows on specific monitors when I open them up. When I move them to another monitor, and then close them again, pressing the key command to open them up just opens them up on my main screen. Is there a way to set them to open up automatically on specific monitors in Cubase?

Any help much appreciated!

Thank you

tebling

Windows or Mac? I'm on Windows and found that Cubase wouldn't recall monitor positions for windows that are maximized. So I just drag out the windows until they are almost full screen, then position them where I want. After doing that, opening the mixer / key editor (almost) always opens them where they were. I recommend setting up a custom workspace for those times when they don't open in the right place.

OP
H

harrybrokensha

Thanks for the reply! I'm on a Mac. I've tried the maximised/non-maximised windows and unfortunately it still doesn't seem to recall them to the correct positions...

Paulogic

On Mac this also happens with other software. Seems some programs have code that opens
new windows on the "default" monitor.

Top Bottom