What's new

Cubase 11 bugs

I had blue screen issues too. I tried everything and gave up and lived with it. Then it vanished as an issue, possibly a Windows Update. Make sure your drivers are up to date. I use a handy utility freebie called "Driver Booster"

I think we are not talking about the same thing here, although I see why the confusion.
He's having a security setting problem, not a blue screen of death / BSOD. The window is also blue, but there's no crash, just a refusal to run whichever program was trying to be executed

I think we are not talking about the same thing here, although I see why the confusion.
He's having a security setting problem, not a blue screen of death / BSOD. The window is also blue, but there's no crash, just a refusal to run whichever program was trying to be executed
My bad deleted

I just bought Cubase 11.
I'm on Catalina and every time I try and do anything I get the spinning wheel for a couple of seconds, it's driving me nuts and making it unusable.

My other DAWs are fine.

Anyone have any ideas what may cause this?

I just bought Cubase 11.
I'm on Catalina and every time I try and do anything I get the spinning wheel for a couple of seconds, it's driving me nuts and making it unusable.

My other DAWs are fine.

I have a similar issue, although it is random, not constant. I posted on the Steinberg forum and a couple other Mac users chimed in with the same problem as well.

I have a similar issue, although it is random, not constant. I posted on the Steinberg forum and a couple other Mac users chimed in with the same problem as well.

Thanks for the reply, it's good to know it's not just my system...

Do you have a link to the page on the forum please?
I'd like to chime in and keep up with any development.

I just bought Cubase 11.

My other DAWs are fine.

I’m not on a Mac so I don’t know but Windows with C11 so far has been very solid.

Thanks for the reply, it's good to know it's not just my system...

Do you have a link to the page on the forum please?
I'd like to chime in and keep up with any development.

I believe I posted on that link already.

I’m having the same beachball issue except Cubase 11 “beachballs” and never comes unfrozen. I need to force-quit each time. It happens completely out of nowhere. Once I was editing MIDI CC data in the key editor, another I was just scrolling up in the Arrange window. I was swapping messages with Martin Jirsak and he thinks it might be Metal causing it.

I believe I posted on that link already.

I’m having the same beachball issue except Cubase 11 “beachballs” and never comes unfrozen. I need to force-quit each time. It happens completely out of nowhere. Once I was editing MIDI CC data in the key editor, another I was just scrolling up in the Arrange window. I was swapping messages with Martin Jirsak and he thinks it might be Metal causing it.

The Metal GUI conversion would be a good guess, although it's odd the problem is very intermittent on my iMP while constant on other's machines.

The Metal GUI conversion would be a good guess, although it's odd the problem is very intermittent on my iMP while constant on other's machines.
I guess it’s kinda both. For me, it doesn’t happen many times a day. I‘ll be working for 8 hours perfectly fine, and then out of nowhere Cubase locks-up. It seems to only happen once a day for me, but it has happened every time I’ve used Cubase 11 for long stretches.

I guess it’s kinda both. For me, it doesn’t happen many times a day. I‘ll be working for 8 hours perfectly fine, and then out of nowhere Cubase locks-up. It seems to only happen once a day for me, but it has happened every time I’ve used Cubase 11 for long stretches.

I have gotten one lockup (when creating a new track with Omnisphere), but usually it is the occasional 2-5 sec beachball when doing the most mundane actions - adjusting a microphone level in Kontakt, adjusting a send level, etc. Also had the playhead freeze while playing a project, although playback continues fine.

I have gotten one lockup (when creating a new track with Omnisphere), but usually it is the occasional 2-5 sec beachball when doing the most mundane actions - adjusting a microphone level in Kontakt, adjusting a send level, etc. Also had the playhead freeze while playing a project, although playback continues fine.
Do you happen to have an Eucon console of some sort connected to Cubase? I ask because I have a 2nd computer running Nuendo controlled with an Avid Artist and nearly every audio track, aux, routing, send, plugin, etc. adjustment makes Nuendo beachball for several seconds. It’s extremely annoying.

Do you happen to have an Eucon console of some sort connected to Cubase? I ask because I have a 2nd computer running Nuendo controlled with an Avid Artist and nearly every audio track, aux, routing, send, plugin, etc. adjustment makes Nuendo beachball for several seconds. It’s extremely annoying.

No Eucon. I have a Faderport 8 (MCU) but I have the problem even with that powered off.

No Eucon. I have a Faderport 8 (MCU) but I have the problem even with that powered off.
Is that setup in Audio Devices? Similar to Eucon or a Generic Remote or Mackie, etc? I’m wondering if using a 3rd party console of any sort is causing your beachballs.

Maybe do a test project by removing all console devices and your Cubase 11 preferences so that things are fresh. See if your current project reacts the same. Alternatively, you can create a new macOS user and try Cubase 11. That way you know you have a clean starting point. But don’t install the Faderport drivers (if there are any).

Also, have you tried using the Faderport and a new, empty Cubase project? Do the beachballs still occur when adjusting the sends and other things you mentioned?

Is that setup in Audio Devices? Similar to Eucon or a Generic Remote or Mackie, etc? I’m wondering if using a 3rd party console of any sort is causing your beachballs.

Maybe do a test project by removing all console devices and your Cubase 11 preferences so that things are fresh. See if your current project reacts the same. Alternatively, you can create a new macOS user and try Cubase 11. That way you know you have a clean starting point. But don’t install the Faderport drivers (if there are any).

Also, have you tried using the Faderport and a new, empty Cubase project? Do the beachballs still occur when adjusting the sends and other things you mentioned?

The Faderport doesn't use a driver and is just connected as a Mackie Control device in Cubase. I can try un-configuring it but the problem is it can take a few hours before anything happens, so testing this is not easy.

The Faderport doesn't use a driver and is just connected as a Mackie Control device in Cubase. I can try un-configuring it but the problem is it can take a few hours before anything happens, so testing this is not easy.
Yeah, that's the same with me -- it takes a while before something happens.

Well, try removing the Faderport from your Audio Devices and then do something to the Sends or whatever else it was that beachballs Cubase. I'm not 100% sure this will even do anything, but your
"symptoms" sound exactly like my Eucon issue in Nuendo.

Top Bottom