What's new

Cubase 10

HiDPI, better GUI visual integration, mixer snapshots(yas!), VR production suite (holy moly YAS!), right mouse click menu improved, track coloring updated, group/fx to selected tracks in arrangement window, improved 'add new track' functionality integrated with Inputs section of Audio Connections, channel strip updated with similar functionality to Waves Scheps Channel, easier vst/vsti navigation with drag'n'drop, , 32/64 float recording (hardcore!), vari audio enhanced, side-chain functionality improved... god damn and it's not all... so many new functions!

I'm hyped! :)

Loads of new stuff MPE support, variaudio3,audio alignment,and all the stuff pixel mentioned. There’s a ton of videos on the Cubase YouTube channel.Still waiting to see the price though....

HiDPI, better GUI visual integration, mixer snapshots(yas!), VR production suite (holy moly YAS!), right mouse click menu improved, track coloring updated, group/fx to selected tracks in arrangement window, improved 'add new track' functionality integrated with Inputs section of Audio Connections, channel strip updated with similar functionality to Waves Scheps Channel, easier vst/vsti navigation with drag'n'drop, , 32/64 float recording (hardcore!), vari audio enhanced, side-chain functionality improved... god damn and it's not all... so many new functions!

I'm hyped! :)

Yeah I've just finished watching the videos and the very first thing that made me want to upgrade is HiDPI. My 4k Screen is begging for that. The drag and drop FX etc is also great. "Advanced MPE Support" is also making me wonder as I have a Seaboard Rise.

Basically there's a lot of fixes I hope for Cubase 10 and perhaps it's early days to know if that stuff has been fixed but I'm wondering if Steinberg would actually advertise (in these initial videos - supposedly to attract new users and to show off new features) the fact that "Now we have fixed what was broken" as they aren't features and kind of looks bad for business haha. I'm holding off judgement until I try it out. I'm actually really looking forward to this now. Please, pretty please, be stable!

Yeah I've just finished watching the videos and the very first thing that made me want to upgrade is HiDPI. My 4k Screen is begging for that. The drag and drop FX etc is also great. "Advanced MPE Support" is also making me wonder as I have a Seaboard Rise.

Basically there's a lot of fixes I hope for Cubase 10 and perhaps it's early days to know if that stuff has been fixed but I'm wondering if Steinberg would actually advertise (in these initial videos - supposedly to attract new users and to show off new features) the fact that "Now we have fixed what was broken" as they aren't features and kind of looks bad for business haha. I'm holding off judgement until I try it out. I'm actually really looking forward to this now. Please, pretty please, be stable!
You do make a good point, it would not make too much sense to focus on the fixes for a new product!

More important to hype up the NEW features

The UI is the big thing for me too, fingers crossed it's been sorted for Mac users, and isn't just a paint job.

Double fingers crossed for non publicised bug fixes too. Hopefully I'll find out in a few minutes.

Overview of whats new can be found here: https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/new-in-10/

And updated the opening post as well with that link.

For the once who want to use the grace period:
Customers who have activated an earlier Cubase version since October 15, 2018, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to Cubase 10.

Is there now a better system for browsing expression maps? Will probably activate my grace period for the hdpi support anyways...

This, for Seaboard Rise owners, is very exciting indeed!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 12.56.31.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 12.56.31.png
    311.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 13.28.34.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 13.28.34.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 44
Top Bottom