What's new

Cubase 10

Well, you can kinda-sorta do that now, Greg Ondo shows use how. Thanks Greg!

But you have to be adept at digging down into quite a few inconsistently-accessed submenus that reflect the long history of Cubase's many iterations. Using Cubase can sometimes feel like looking for something at the bottom of a cardboard box in the messiest garage in the universe. But when you find it...oh my!

Santa, my big wish is for all that stuff to be unified in a single interface paradigm. Of course that would immediately alienate quite a few users, so I'm not holding my breath. But I can dream, can't I?

Hey thanks for the link.

Well, you can kinda-sorta do that now, Greg Ondo shows use how. Thanks Greg!

But you have to be adept at digging down into quite a few inconsistently-accessed submenus that reflect the long history of Cubase's many iterations. Using Cubase can sometimes feel like looking for something at the bottom of a cardboard box in the messiest garage in the universe. But when you find it...oh my!

Santa, my big wish is for all that stuff to be unified in a single interface paradigm. Of course that would immediately alienate quite a few users, so I'm not holding my breath. But I can dream, can't I?

Thanks Bill - that is a cool video. :)
I knew about this though and mainly avoid using that method as I prefer to work the CC data within a large key editor window where I can also see the notes and make any adjustments there as well etc. I need a bigger screen for workflow on account of bad eyesight....

I'd love to see streamers for video.
Maybe even a tempo calculator based on marker positions?
I dunno, I'm just sick and tired of DP users having a legitimate excuse to not use Cubase!

Last edited:
9 was a bit of a yawner, but as always, I upgraded. I’m hoping for a huge update with 10.

"- Support for high-resolution display"

That's very promising.
Yet again, it looks like i'll be upgrading for a single dot-point.

Here are a few hints of what to expect, read the bullet points in the books description.

https://www.melodyshop.sk/steinberg-cubase-pro-10-educational/

• VariAudio 3: Complete control over your music with even more tools
  • 5GB of high quality sounds and loops from renowned producers
  • 64-bit audio engine up to 192 kHz
  • System requirements (Mac): macOS 10.12 / 10.13, at least 4 GB RAM, 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor (Intel i5 and above)
  • System requirements (Windows): 64-bit Windows 7 / 8.x / 10, at least 4 GB RAM, 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor (Intel i5 and above)
  • Intelligent Chord Track, Chord Pads, Chord Assistant
  • Support for high-resolution display
  • 8 tools with over 3,000 sounds including: HALion Sonic SE 3, Groove Agent SE 5, Padshop, Retrologue 2 and LoopMash 2
  • More than 90 high-end audio and MIDI VST effects processors

I really hope its new or improved functionality and not a few gigs of loops.

5GB of high quality sounds and loops from renowned producers

Oops...

Still, this is a long way from the full feature list, and happy to see VariAudio 3 there. Let's not lose heart yet people.

Dear Santa, I would like...

New Video Engine (Including Replace Audio in Video option you Removed)
GUI Lagginess fixed in OSX
Generic Remotes remembering Midi Inputs/outputs
Macro Window resizable
Macro Section bugs fixed
Render in Place Audio track gets name from original midi Track
Instrument Tracks remember Midi Ports and Routing (once disabled)
Track Presets remember routing after being disabled
Marker Track visible in Key Editor
Divider track (So I don't have to use a disabled nameless midi track)
Qwerty keys and modifiers used with Macros
.bak files going into an actual folder just for .bak files
Asio Guard working with VEPro

Last edited:
What's the issue there? Working wonderfully here, except for a little click whenever I change from one VEP plugin to the next since it has to update the buffer...

That's the issue - for me it's more than a little click, its a hole in the audio for a up to a second or so, which since I'm clicking around all over the place when working becomes pretty intolerable. It works ok with AG2 on low, but not medium or high.

Sadly I've given up thinking this will ever change - both Steinberg and VSL effectively said its too big a job for either to realistically fix.

One explanation for the jump in GB might be the 14 GB drum set "The Kit" in Groove Agent 5. If they include that in GA5 SE, that would really increase the size of Cubase 10. Or... it could be a SE version of "The Kit," which still might be large.

Currently using 9.5. It will be a few years before I upgrade. The only thing I miss is 32 bit plugin compatibility, which i doubt Cubase 10 will address.

That would be nice. Been a while since we've been asking.... :(
Yes, Bezier curves for midi cc data would be awesome!

B-t-w, another user on version 6.5 here. (lately it's been pretty stable on Windows 10, but there was a time when it was not. Came close to switching to Reaper).

Top Bottom