What's new

Cubase 10

didn't read this entire thread, sorry if I missed it. Synchron Player's UI is blank in C10 / Windows.
Anyone else, fixes? thanks

It's also my opinion. People should just rebuild the prefs and then see how Cubase runs. It's been faultless for me since.

thank you for sharing that tip. My Cubase 10 has rapidly deteriorated since Sunday. I even reinstalled. I'm going back to 9.5.41 to sanity check a bit.

i talked with a very friendly support guy from Steinberg some days ago.
For that nasty disable/enable track feature thats not working since hundred years...
Steinberg says, they cant do anything on PC right now to fix this. Its a Microsoft problem.
On Apple it works anyway he says.

Any comments on this?

thanks! VEPro 6 too

Indeed, 64 bit VEP plugin does work now. But it's impossible to have more than one midi port with the 64 bit one. Am I the only one having this issue?

EDIT: Issue confirmed by VSL Support. It occurs on the VST2 64 bit plugin of VEP.

Last edited:
I'm now having a problem with Cubase10 that I cannot make any sense of: Since Sunday afternoon, Cubase 10 no longer saves backups. I'm on Windows 10Pro/1803 with Cubase10Pro.

Prior to Sunday, C10 (and C9.5) would save a .bak file every 15 minutes (my preference settings). This no longer occurs even for Cubase 9.5. I've turned the setting on and off, restarted, and reinstalled - Cubase 10 no longer saves .bak despite the settings.

I would much appreciate any suggestions on what this could be - thanks!

I'm now having a problem with Cubase10 that I cannot make any sense of: Since Sunday afternoon, Cubase 10 no longer saves backups. I'm on Windows 10Pro/1803 with Cubase10Pro.

Prior to Sunday, C10 (and C9.5) would save a .bak file every 15 minutes (my preference settings). This no longer occurs even for Cubase 9.5. I've turned the setting on and off, restarted, and reinstalled - Cubase 10 no longer saves .bak despite the settings.

I would much appreciate any suggestions on what this could be - thanks!

Are you working on .bak file instead of .cpr?

When opening a .bak file, Cubase will not create new backups. Rename as .cpr before opening, or save as .cpr right after (incremental save will only save as another .bak and won't autobackup either).

- Piotr

i talked with a very friendly support guy from Steinberg some days ago.
For that nasty disable/enable track feature thats not working since hundred years...
Steinberg says, they cant do anything on PC right now to fix this. Its a Microsoft problem.
On Apple it works anyway he says.

Any comments on this?

It's news to me. If this was a legitimate and robust finding, I'd expect them post about it on the issues thread. Sounds like more obfuscation.

Are you working on .bak file instead of .cpr?

When opening a .bak file, Cubase will not create new backups. Rename as .cpr before opening, or save as .cpr right after (incremental save will only save as another .bak and won't autobackup either).

- Piotr
I'm loading the project .cpr file and previously Cubase used to leave series of .bak files named something like

project.cpr <main file I work on>
project.bak
project-02.bak
project-03.bak
etc.

I no longer get the .bak files. I also do not get a .bak file when I save.

Thanks for your thoughts.

It's news to me. If this was a legitimate and robust finding, I'd expect them post about it on the issues thread. Sounds like more obfuscation.

well i just forward what support says. he explained, that for every midi track thats related to the instrument track a number is given by windows when disbling, but when enabling again, this number changes from windows side and its different.
So there is the problem, why the midi tracks dont "know" anymore to which interument they are connected.
He said they are talking with microsoft since years about it, but they cant fix it.

i just wonder why they dont create a new software routine for this??

Cubase 10 seems to crash on startup, using MacOs Sierra.

Previous version is Cubase 9, which still loads up fine.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Cubase 10 seems to crash on startup, using MacOs Sierra.

Previous version is Cubase 9, which still loads up fine.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Heard quite a few Mac users on Sierra having crashes... Have you tried updating the eLicencer?

Heard quite a few Mac users on Sierra having crashes... Have you tried updating the eLicencer?

yeah I have, still didn't work. Where are you hearing about the other people having issues? I want to look through the posts too.

thanks

Steinberg did come back on my issues with saved projects in Cubase and crashes when opening those. There is an issue with Ozone 8 which has been escalated to izotope to allow them to address the issue with their plugin

yeah I have, still didn't work. Where are you hearing about the other people having issues? I want to look through the posts too.

thanks

Crashes I've seen are mostly like Thorsten's case, mainly to do with a particular plugin being loaded into a session or something being scanned on startup. Quite few threads littered around on their Forums.

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/vi...=794372&hilit=Mac+Sierra+Sierra+Crash#p794372

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/vi...=792436&hilit=Mac+Sierra+Sierra+Crash#p792436

Top Bottom