What's new

Cubase 10

AllanH

Through out all the alphas and betas, making the C10 .cpr default instead of C9.5 was a problem for myself as well as others, but not everyone.

I'll assume you have done the normal "open with" Windows stuff with no luck?

This may or may not be a Steinberg issue. It could also be a Windows 7 problem. Have you googled the issue of wrong versions opening?
Just to clarify: I've used control panel to attempt to set the default app based on extension (I can set Cubase 10, but it stays at Cubase 9.5). I've done Open With ... and set new default app. Nothing sticks. I'm on Windows 10. I've run Control panel as "pure" Admin, so it's either a Win10 issue only affecting Cubase 10, or Cubase 10 is somehow not correctly accepting the association. I'm so used to just double-clicking on the .cpr file that I'm going for Regedit next.

wbacer

Anyone have an issue with Cubase and VEPro after installing Cubase 10?
I was running Cubase 9.5 on my Mac / Sierra with VEPro on my PC / Windows 10 with no issues.
After installing Cubase 10 all I get is pops and clicks and the real-time peak meter is slamming the upper limit even when sitting idle. Now it doesn't matter if I'm running Cubase 9.5 or 10 the same thing happens. My system is now unusable. It appears that installing 10 has effected the performance of 9.5. Is there anyway to uninstall 10?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :-(

wbacer

Did a google search and found the following which explains how to remove everything Cubase / Steinberg from my Mac. I trashed everything on the list and then using the Steinberg Download Assistant, reinstalled Cubase 9.5.0. Cubase 10 is now totally gone...I hope!!!

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/mac-os-x-how-do-i-uninstall-an-application-completely/

But no help, the real-time peak meter, even at idle, is still slamming the upper limit. What the hell, I didn't change anything else and it all worked before the Cubase 10 fiasco.
Setting the buffer all the way to 2048 does not help.
Anyone else experience problems with the real-time peak meter going totally crazy?
Any solutions?

rgames

Collapsing the Wavefunction
Did a google search and found the following which explains how to remove everything Cubase / Steinberg from my Mac. I trashed everything on the list and then using the Steinberg Download Assistant, reinstalled Cubase 9.5.0. Cubase 10 is now totally gone...I hope!!!

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/mac-os-x-how-do-i-uninstall-an-application-completely/

But no help, the real-time peak meter, even at idle, is still slamming the upper limit. What the hell, I didn't change anything else and it all worked before the Cubase 10 fiasco.
Setting the buffer all the way to 2048 does not help.
Anyone else experience problems with the real-time peak meter going totally crazy?
Any solutions?
I had the exact same problem - I installed CB10 and got awful pops/clicks/dropouts when I first ran it. So I loaded up 9.0.40 and it also gave me horrible performance.

Here's where it got confusing: I did a reboot and when I did I got a notification that Windows had done some updates and needed to do more. I regularly get dropouts when it's doing its annoying update thing so I thought the audio problems were related to the Win10 update. But when I rebooted the problem remained. So I also uninstalled CB10 and, as you observed, the horrible performance persisted. So I assumed it was related to the Win10 update that happened at the same time. I spent about an entire day messing with drivers and other settings and never figured it out. I had to wipe that machine and start over. In the end I lost about 2.5 days.

I never figured out if it was CB10 or the Win10 update but everything is back to normal and I haven't re-installed CB10 yet...

rgames

[EDIT] I was on 9.0.40, not 9.5

JPComposer

Cubase 10 doesn't seem to want to reliably send patch changes back to Lemur without me continually quitting and restarting it. Not a major problem like some are having, but serious enough when you've put a lot of time into setting it up. Back to 9.5. I'll try again after the next maintenance update.

Blakus

Midi Magician
Cubase 10 on Windows 10 working well here over the last few days. Performance seems identical as 9.5 on my system with large templates and demanding projects.

Erik

Hi,

In due course I'll use a new PC with great specs, after 10 years having used the current one.
Enough CPU, RAM etc.. It will be Win 10. Look forward of course.

At the moment I use Cubase 7.5, it worked fine here until now, well, usually.
The new PC offers possibilties for update software of course, so the update to C10 is obvious, it will benefit from more cores etc..

But.......I read so many contradictory messages here, can someone advise me?
Anyone with experience in opening 7.5 projects into C10?

Thanks in advance.
Erik

Thorsten Meyer

An update after Steinberg Support has started to work on the Cubase Pro 10 crashes

So far we nailed the issue down to Ozone Advanced 8. However, I am not saying that Ozone 8 is broken with Cubase 10 as I can load even crashing projects with a chance of 75% if I do some jumping through hoops in Cubase beforehand. Other projects with Ozone 8 included don't crash.

I did send all the information to the support team and wait for their response.

rgames

Collapsing the Wavefunction
Holy crap. So holding off on Cubase 10 for awhile...geesh sorry you had to go through that. Thanks for posting though!
To be clear - I'm not sure if it was the Win10 update or the CB10 install. They both happened at the same time (one by my direction, one by Microsoft's direction) and the problems started afterwards.

rgames

jonathanwright

After a few days working with C10 on High Sierra, overall I like it.

It's without a doubt the most stable version I've used for years (no crashes at all - normally I'd have at least one a day) and the UI is far more responsive. I like the drag and drop approach they're slowly implementing from Studio One.

My main annoyance is the ludicrously lengthy Media Bay scan on startup. Every single time it takes around 5 minutes, I can't use any presets or access my audio files in that time.

I think I've found the issue is related to plugin presets in foreign formats. It takes forever to process UHE and Fabfilter native presets, and also stumbles on .aupresets I use in Logic. It's either not ignoring them, or not tagging them to be ignored in future scans. Removing those folders makes the scan almost instant.

whiskers

Perpetual student
Yes. As long as you have 7 currently and upgrade it now or after the release date of 10, you will get the bump to 10 for free.
Any idea when this ends? I'll not be able to activate my 7.5 version until Sunday. Hopefully it's good until then

EgM

Game music!
I was so looking forward to Cubase 10, but reading all these comments, I have to wait on this... Especially if the right click tools is gone! (I mean the arrow, draw, etc)

richardt4520

I've used it daily for hours since the release date without a single crash on Windows 7. Woohoo!! I'm sure the next project i open will lockup just because i opened my mouth. Lol

Reactions: Gzu

EgM

Game music!
I've used it daily for hours since the release date without a single crash on Windows 7. Woohoo!! I'm sure the next project i open will lockup just because i opened my mouth. Lol
Haha :)

What kind of work do you do? 300 midi tracks? 300 midi tracks under VEP, standard band recordings?

EgM

Game music!
Seriously? Who thought that was a good idea? That is like 2nd nature for my workflow, dangit...
Right click arrow/draw/erase = one hand. I can play keyboard midi with my other one, I don't know if that's not an issue for you but it is a SERIOUS one to me.

Edit: Oh, I might have misunderstood... it affects you as well? If not, disregard :)

Thorsten Meyer

Update from my side: I did send further information and crash log files as well as videos showing the crash for them to investigate.

jneebz

Right click arrow/draw/erase = one hand. I can play keyboard midi with my other one, I don't know if that's not an issue for you but it is a SERIOUS one to me.

Edit: Oh, I might have misunderstood... it affects you as well? If not, disregard :)
Yeah, definitely an issue for me...it's just super fast to switch tools that way

Reactions: EgM
Top Bottom