What's new

Cubase 10

dzilizzi

I know nothing
Well shoot, I just remembered I bought 9.5 during a sale and haven’t registered it yet. Better get it done today.

I love free upgrades for recent purchases. :)

Ian Dorsch

I upgraded to 9.5 during the sale, but had to go back to 9 due to terrible performance - pops, crackles, dropouts during recording, etc. I assume it's some combination of the new mix engine plus the new video engine, but I haven't had to time to troubleshoot because I need to actually get some fucking work done.

I switched to Cubase SX from Sonar back in the day because of (relatively) bombproof performance, I've upgraded with every new version, and I've never regretted an upgrade until this time. Safe to say I'll probably sit out Cubase 10 at least until I can figure out why 9.5 is literally unusable for me.

OP
Jaap

Jaap

Yes, that's an alto flute
9.5 is 18 GB. That suggest new content, maybe for one of the existing instruments. But possibly a new instrument or library.
Yeah likely, curious to find out :grin: (btw 9.5 shows up for me as a 12 GB download in the shop)

Polkasound

Cubase 7 was always a rock-solid performer for me, but 9 seems to be working almost as flawlessly. The one and only problem I have with 9 is an occasional "audio dropout detected". It's embarrassing when you're recording a client and Cubase stops cold in the middle of a take. That never happened once with 7. So my gut is telling me that upgrading to 9.5 or 10 may be a step in the wrong direction.

R. Soul

I have a feeling it's going to be a Kontakt 6-like upgrade, and not the huge upgrade you'd expect from a v. 10. But I'd happily be proven wrong :grin:

Rap-sody

Music... again and again
Well shoot, I just remembered I bought 9.5 during a sale and haven’t registered it yet. Better get it done today.

I love free upgrades for recent purchases. :)
That's what I did for the last couple of versions. Buy the .5 version on sale and activate it during the grace period to get the major version for free. Each version of Cubase ends up costing me around 40$.

Guy Rowland

Yeah likely, curious to find out :grin: (btw 9.5 shows up for me as a 12 GB download in the shop)
Yes, I too was fooled by the 18gb thing - it's a 12gb download so C10 Pro really is a good deal bigger. My money is on Groove Agent 5 SE and maybe HALion Symphonic Orchestra taking up all that space. The full verision of GA5 is 32gb, for reference.

Is this finally going to be the release to give us template builders something? Rooting for bug fixes for Track Archives etc and an expanded Track Presets which saves sends, routings, Quick Controls etc.

jamwerks

They radically changed the ui in Wavelab a while back. It'll be interesting to see if they've done anything on that end in Cubase. Maybe at least some more pane options like in DP. I'd like to be able to view more that 10 slots in the expression map pane, and it would be nice to be able to have 2 or more panes open at the same!

Brian2112

I’d settle for removing the daylight savings time vst rescan and fixing the browser,media bay etc and making it easier on the eyes. Oh and maybe editable frozen tracks like studio one.

VgsA

That's what I did for the last couple of versions. Buy the .5 version on sale and activate it during the grace period to get the major version for free. Each version of Cubase ends up costing me around 40$.
Is it the time now? Or when they release it? I'm also waiting since the sale lol

Bill the Lesser

Hopefully the Bezier curves for CC data! :)
Well, you can kinda-sorta do that now, Greg Ondo shows use how. Thanks Greg!

But you have to be adept at digging down into quite a few inconsistently-accessed submenus that reflect the long history of Cubase's many iterations. Using Cubase can sometimes feel like looking for something at the bottom of a cardboard box in the messiest garage in the universe. But when you find it...oh my!

Santa, my big wish is for all that stuff to be unified in a single interface paradigm. Of course that would immediately alienate quite a few users, so I'm not holding my breath. But I can dream, can't I?

Top Bottom