What's new

Cubase 10.5

The project from which I'm importing has about 500 instrument tracks with Kontakt, most of them disabled though.
It worked with C10, so I guess it has to do with the enhancements.

I have had the same problem with my template since the C10.5 (it was working well before). But it still works with smaller templates.

In my big template, all my tracks are disabled and routed but it takes a while (more than 5 minutes) before I can get access to the import window :-(

I have had the same problem with my template since the C10.5 (it was working well before). But it still works with smaller templates.

In my big template, all my tracks are disabled and routed but it takes a while (more than 5 minutes) before I can get access to the import window :-(
This is a verified issue with projects of large track counts. Hopefully a fix will happen soon.

Found another problem: when trying to add additional controls to a Generic Map (just pressing the 'Add' button on the right), Cubase crashes immediately. The exact same thing works fine in C10.
Does this happen to anyone else?

I also use EM as attributes (don't like direction). Works similar to Logic's articulations - great for me! Babylonwaves also made the maps for a ton of libraries, so that saves me most of the headaches of making them myself (though you will likely want to customize them a bit).
Without @babylonwaves EM I wouldn't use EM at all but still integrating them in logic takes 3 seconds in cubase you have to add them one by one. Very bad UX in my opinion.

problem: C 10.5 version on mac , unusable, very slow and some functions frozen. also crashes .

That looks serious! I'm afraid I can't help you with some specific or scientific advise, but to reinstall, check e-licenser and so on. Good luck!

Thank for your information I attached ONE picture , example after loading sample or after enable some track on template .i don't have that problem on C10.40 ...
Are you really on Mavericks or you just like that wave so much you kept it untill now? C10.5 is macOS Mojave and later.

Blink

Are you really on Mavericks or you just like that wave so much you kept it untill now? C10.5 is macOS Mojave and later.

Blink
thanks for information
Good to know ,I am on macOS High Sierra my be that reason make problems when I go home I try to update , . Long time I am using that wave I don’t have better choice for backgrounds.

Found my first problem: I can't import tracks from my orchestral templates, as soon as the loading bar finishes I get a spinning ball of death and C10.5 becomes unusuable until I force quit it.
Anyone else have the same problem?
I have kind of a similar problem: in a project using about 15 instruments split into 3 instances in Vienna Ensemble Pro (just because it's cleared for me: one for strings, one for woodwinds, one for brass)-which shouldn't be a problem with 32 GO of Ram on my iMac. When I start to work there's no problem but after a while the spinning ball appears for a good while. Then it stops, but whenever I move the mouse or touch anything in the screen it starts again to roll... I don't know if this is connected to this issue, but although I said in the preference to autosave every 20 minutes, every 5 minutes or less everything freezes and takes like 10 seconds to save the project (and the Vienna Ensemble Pro project).

I‘m on Mojave here. Already downloaded 10.5.5 and performance is definitely worse than in CB 10.
However, one really annoying thing started happening in 10.5.5: sometimes the position cursor doesn’t jump to the desired position when clicking in the nav bar. It just disappears until you scroll around a bit and click again. Very weird.

Also, have you noticed that Macros beginning with „Enable/Hide Track“ command are grayed out and can only be called via a Generic Remote or the PLE? And also, speaking of Generic Remotes, deleting Mappings in a GE does weird things (deletes the one below your selected mapping), making the first one impossible to delete. If you keep clicking delete, it will delete the „Output Mapping“, while the „Input Mapping“ stays in there. Clicking „add“ will then crash Cubase.

I‘m a Cubase user since 11 years, but 10.5. definitely wasn’t their best update.

Anyone has C10.5 install on Sierra?

it runs pretty smoothly until recently I have experienced sudden crashes. Also, Output’s Arcade hangs C10.5 quite often these few weeks! Never had any issues in 2019.....weird!

Last night I suddenly had problems with plugin scaling on Windows 10, Cubase 10.5. 4K screen, hi dpi on. Some plugins (Voltage Modular and Pigments 2) appear superlarge and pixelated whilst only showing a quarter of their interface (the rest is simply cut off). Play (vst3 version) appears with a large black border on the bottom and the right. Going back a version doesn't fix these problems anymore. Other DAWs don't do this. It also appeared all of a sudden, was working fine before. Reinstalled the plugins to no avail too.

Anyone know anything about this?

Last night I suddenly had problems with plugin scaling on Windows 10, Cubase 10.5. 4K screen, hi dpi on. Some plugins (Voltage Modular and Pigments 2) appear superlarge and pixelated whilst only showing a quarter of their interface (the rest is simply cut off). Play (vst3 version) appears with a large black border on the bottom and the right. Going back a version doesn't fix these problems anymore. Other DAWs don't do this. It also appeared all of a sudden, was working fine before. Reinstalled the plugins to no avail too.

Anyone know anything about this?

Cubase hidpi does not work well. Plugin Alliance plugins also have issues on Cubase at 4k.

I have kind of a similar problem: in a project using about 15 instruments split into 3 instances in Vienna Ensemble Pro (just because it's cleared for me: one for strings, one for woodwinds, one for brass)-which shouldn't be a problem with 32 GO of Ram on my iMac. When I start to work there's no problem but after a while the spinning ball appears for a good while. Then it stops, but whenever I move the mouse or touch anything in the screen it starts again to roll... I don't know if this is connected to this issue, but although I said in the preference to autosave every 20 minutes, every 5 minutes or less everything freezes and takes like 10 seconds to save the project (and the Vienna Ensemble Pro project).
I get the ISBOD (infinite spinning beachball of death) on my Mojave system too. I have VSL VEP7 installed, but it’s happening on a project on which I’m not using VEP. Only BBCSO, Kontakt 5.6.8 and SINE player.

I get the ISBOD (infinite spinning beachball of death) on my Mojave system too. I have VSL VEP7 installed, but it’s happening on a project on which I’m not using VEP. Only BBCSO, Kontakt 5.6.8 and SINE player.
The problem with VE Pro was more or less fixed for me since I decoupled and disabled cells unless there is midi activity. No problem to mention with other plugins, as I don't have any except the Cubase ones...

I somebody actually having success with Cubase 10.55 on Mojave? It's a mess on my iMac 2019, 3.6khz i9 8 core, which should be smoking fast. Activity Monitor shows high core use, especially the first core, with ONE piano playing with ONE reverb, ONE native compressor and a few bands of eq, and that's in Konkat on VEP 6. Export audio shows crazy spikes. Over a few hrs, spinning beachballs make it even more unusable, then I have to restart.

@DS_Joost Do you mind sharing with me how your Avid S1 works for you in Cubase 10.5? I am finding it a bit hit and miss particularly in the area of Quick Controls. I can press Shift-EQ to get the Instrument window which shows the current VST instrument, and the S1 displays the quick controls, but not all the time. Then, if I re-assign a quick control to something else the S1 does not follow - it just stops working for that quick control. Any advice?

Top Bottom