What's new

Cubase 10.30 Update

here a German! Video

in english but shorter

quote from Steinberg:
New Feature ARA 2 support is now available with this version. This feature can be found under the Extensions heading.
There are three ways to apply ARA-capable Extensions to an audio event:
- Audio Menu > Extensions > Choose Extensions (e.g. Melodyne)
- Context Menu on Audio Events > Extensions > Choose Extensions
- Info Line in project window for selected Audio Events > Extensions > There you can either select an Extension, or you can read which Extension is already active for the selected event.

The Extension item only appears if ARA-enabled extensions have been found by Cubase. If there is nothing on the system, you won't be able to see it in the menu.

Version History of the latest UPDATE
https://download.steinberg.net/down...10/10.0.30/Cubase_10.0.30_Version_History.pdf

Installed without any errors and things seems snappier. Cubase bootup was faster and project loaded faster.

The Nuendo point update with ARA support is out as well. Apparently in both Cubase and Nuendo there’s major issues with 64 bit processing, using 32 bit works.

There’s problems with tracks which have multiple lanes after using ARA on them - in fact if you look at the forums it appears there’s quite a few issues so I’ll certainly be holding off updating just for now.

If you do want to risk it you must to update Melodyne in order for it to show in the new ‘Extensions’ menu in Cubase/Nuendo.

Thanks for pointing out the Melodyne update tip, Chaz! Been using the 10.1 update for Nuendo all day. No issues on my end yet.

If you launched version 10.0.20 (and closed for update) before updating to 10.0.30, you must restart your PC. Personally, I could not reopen my current project with 10.0.30 before restarting PC.
Other than that, no problem.

10.0.30 has drastically improved performance on my mac! I have been doing methodical performance testing with various DAW's, look how much Cubase improved with this update:

pubchart

Honestly I had written off Cubase10 on my mac for the time being due to performance, but with this update, its way back on the radar again for me. Bravo Steinberg!!

Thanks for the info, @Dewdman42 - the graphics says "Cubase 10 + VEP", though. Is this just an oversight?

Both plots are the performance of the vsl E.T demo project played back from cubase using vep 7 for the instruments and mirpro. The label is not great because the googlesheet behind it is being used also for another chart with other daws. I can maybe fix that. Anyway they are both with vep7. The one called cubase10+vep is cubase 10.0.30

It should be noted that under 10.0.20 without vep I was not able to even play the project, it would crap out audio after about 15 seconds. So the only performance test I could complete using all the same project conditions as everything else was by combining cubase with vep.

However, under 10.0.30 the project can be played back with or without vep, with only a 1% difference of average cpu usage when both guis are showing.

more info here: https://vi-control.net/community/threads/daw-performance-test-results.82659/

Last edited:
Opened up my template in the new release and I'm also seeing significant improvements in the audio performance meter. Fingers crossed this holds up in real world tests (ie projects) and hopefully steinberg continues to make improvements in this area!

Opened up my template in the new release and I'm also seeing significant improvements in the audio performance meter. Fingers crossed this holds up in real world tests (ie projects) and hopefully steinberg continues to make improvements in this area!
Are you PC or Mac?

I've took the update and so far it's been working well. No new issues, and everything seems slightly snappier. I did not notice any quicker load times, but I think save times are faster.

I have yet to update my (older) melodyne, so I have not tried any of the ARA integrations.

It's interesting, since the release of C7, that users for whatever reasons are not taking more advantage of the built-in tools in the mix console(s).

With this said, the console meters that vanished in C10 are back with this update....not that many would notice.

It's interesting, since the release of C7, that users for whatever reasons are not taking more advantage of the built-in tools in the mix console(s).

With this said, the console meters that vanished in C10 are back with this update....not that many would notice.

Well since the re-vamp of the channel strip I am trying to use it more. As I mentioned in the thread about saturation I haven’t tried that yet but I am using the Pre section rather than using my 3rd party EQ for the filters.

The built in tools are good, but personally I feel the implimentation of some are poor I.E the channel strip. The whole mixer should be a clean lunchbox format, not a vertically scrollable mess. It puts a lot of people off using the built in channel strip tools, I'd rather open the channel editor to use the strip, then try use the mixer for strip settings..

Top Bottom