Cubase 10.0.50 Update

AllanH

my elicenser stayed the same, but I had previously updated at the .40 release. *.50 works fine for me, at least in the initial testing with BBCSO.

Jimmy Hellfire

I installed the update today and haven't been able to add insert effects to instrument tracks since then. The plugin shows as inserted, but is off, and the button that activates them in the insert tab doesn't do anything. Also, the "on" button on the plugin GUI itself is missing, so you can't turn on the plugin from there either. Further, the inserts tab is unresponsive so you also can't remove the plugin any more either.

Reverted the update and now it's back to normal. So, you might wanna hold off.

dman007

Ughh. I installed it but the panning seems to have gone haywire with my other 10.x projects. Resetting preferences didn't work either. Did a null test and some differences from my old mix-downs. I tried re-installing but that made no difference. Also tried saving a new version but that didn't solve it. I switched back to the previous update, too, and that is okay again now. Something not right there, though!

AllanH

I've been on .50 without any of those problems. Cubase is now 30 years in the making. The codebase must be a gigantic mix of functionality, patches, and customizations to handle decades of operating systems, graphics and audio drivers.

Monkberry

There are a few folks with Windows 10 (1903 build) that have issues with Cubase .50 update. I'm still on Windows 10 / 1809 and have not come across any issues yet, but I will inevitably have to update to 1903 soon. Maybe Cubase 10.5 will come out before then with a fix plus a whole host of some new and improved bugs.

JamieLang

Ive not run into anything with 1809 and 10.0.50. But, given that move things to Mixbus ASAP...cubase isnt a daily driver for me. It does seem to have corrected the instability of .40, which is the first instable WINDOWS version Ive used....since the engine reboot of “sx4”. Time will tell.