What's new

CSS vs. Berlin Strings

Runs on CSS are meant to be played using the Marcato Patch. If you use Marcato + Spicc, CC1 will determine how much of the trill-based sample for runs you get, and velocity will determine how much of note attack per individual note you get.

You get the best results with the combination of two.

Runs on CSS are meant to be played using the Marcato Patch. If you use Marcato + Spicc, CC1 will determine how much of the trill-based sample for runs you get, and velocity will determine how much of note attack per individual note you get.

Thanks for the clarification Aaron!

i own both libraries and absolutely love them to death, however did a small project this week, and found that, either i was doing something wrong, or both are completely unlayerable-unmixable. Theres a slight diference in tuning of a few hz that just bloody destroys my brains, i was essencially using CSS for bass and celli nad one set of violas and berlin for the rest upwards, and it was face scratching..

edit: in case i didnt explain it well,, i was creating an ensemble using both libraries at the wsame time, and feçt like they were tuned in a diferent way

Great to know. Could somebody make a demonstration of that, pls? :)

We are. It's the exact same principle.

Also, check out the CSS manual.
I have CS2 but I want to hear how it sounds in CSS. What I heard in the official walkthrough did not sound anything near as good as CS2, that's why I'm asking.

Where's the CSS manual, was trying to google it but without success.

Top Bottom