What's new

CSS/ CSB Hanging Notes

Just to say, Kontakt 6.4.1 changelog:

FIXED Certain libraries (Cinematic Studio Strings and others) could cause incorrect long release notes under certain conditions
I just downloaded the Kontakt 6.4.1 Player and maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm getting hanging notes in CSB. I'm not even using legato (the section is a bunch of repeated notes) and a few notes are sticking. Any thoughts? I'm using Logic with articulation sets.

I just downloaded the Kontakt 6.4.1 Player and maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm getting hanging notes in CSB. I'm not even using legato (the section is a bunch of repeated notes) and a few notes are sticking. Any thoughts? I'm using Logic with articulation sets.

Did you find a solution? I'm also using articulation sets in Logic and with Kontakt 5 and Kontakt 6 this problem is driving me insane

I have to say, this was one of the little benefits of switching to Cubase. Those hanging notes were happening so often in Logic, it was driving me insane.

Still getting hanging notes in CSS, CSSS and CSB, no matter which patch or articulation I select. Kontakt 6.4.2 standalone and Cubase. I can't use any of the libraries! Anyone found a solution? I thought this was fixed in Kontakt 6.4.1

Still getting hanging notes in CSS, CSSS and CSB, no matter which patch or articulation I select. Kontakt 6.4.2 standalone and Cubase. I can't use any of the libraries! Anyone found a solution? I thought this was fixed in Kontakt 6.4.1
Message CS support....Alex can help.

I did contact Alex but no response. I assumed he is busy with CSW. Can't risk having another 6 months of delay because of my email. XD

From what i've heard from the support this issue is going to be fixed in an update.

Thanks, did he say when?

Hi, I have the same problem with CSS and CSB in Studio One 5.
Version of Kontakt 6.4.2. Windows 10.
The notes hanging when I play the long articulation (legato, tremolo, harmonics).

Happens here 80% of the time. Windows 10. 32gb ram. Cubase 10.5.
stopped using this library for now until will find a solution.
All you need to do is insert CC123 at the end of a note or phrase. It’ll stop the hanging note(s).

A workaround I have is creating a MIDI CC Lane in the key editor showing only CC123. I have a key command to show that lane, then I just draw in CC123 at 127 value right at the end of a phrase.

All you need to do is insert CC123 at the end of a note or phrase. It’ll stop the hanging note(s).

A workaround I have is creating a MIDI CC Lane in the key editor showing only CC123. I have a key command to show that lane, then I just draw in CC123 at 127 value right at the end of a phrase.
Going to try this ASAP!!

Which DAW are you on btw? I need to set up these key commands haha.

Good idea but That doesn’t work for me because when I get hanging notes they’re not just at the end of the phrase but in the middle of the phrase or anywhere in the phrase.
and putting the cc123 after each note will not make the legato work

Top Bottom